Changes afoot for city foodbank
- Credit: Archant
Ely Foodbank has announced a change to its Tuesday distribution point, which comes into effect early next month.
From Tuesday, February 3, foodbank staff will begin a six-month trial that will see items distributed from the Countess Church, in Chapel Street, from 11am-12.30pm.
Currently, the foodbank distributes from the Lighthouse Centre, in Lynn Road.
Foodbank officials also announced that the new Sutton centre, based at The Glebe, is open every Fridays, from 11am-12.30pm.
Karl Relton, chairman of Ely Foodbank partnership’s trustees, said: “Anyone needing to use the service at any of our distribution centres will be given a warm welcome. “We have a non-judgemental approach, where people are listened to and helped to engage with the appropriate local agencies – enabling them to move forward with their lives.
You may also want to watch:
“People who visit our distribution centres say that they feel valued and often, when they are out of their crisis they come back to say thank you, to volunteer their help or to make a donation – that is a great blessing to all.”
Foodbank opening times (From February 3):
- 1 £100k homes scrapped 'with almost immediate effect' says Mayor
- 2 Dr Nik in Ely for his first day as Cambridgeshire and Peterborough Mayor
- 3 Have your say on Network Rail increasing rail capacity through Ely
- 4 Man suspected to have stolen '£300-400' of alcohol in store theft
- 5 Woman, 78, suffers horrific injuries after e-scooter hit-and-run
- 6 Murder suspect is victim's son
- 7 Widow of High Court judge, 77, charged with historical sexual abuse
- 8 Eggs from Peregrine Falcons nesting on Ely Cathedral rooftop hatch
- 9 Punch in face leaves man with fractured nose
- 10 Railways to royalty - a nostalgic look at Ely and Cambridgeshire
Tuesday: Ely 11am-12.30pm Countess Church, Chapel Street
March 1-2.30pm Powerhouse Church (City Road car park)
Thursday: Soham 9.30-11am Salvation Army (Bushel Lane)
Friday: Chatteris 10.30-11.30am Emmanuel Church (East Park Street)
Sutton 11am-12.30pm (The Glebe, Sutton)
Ely 1-2.30pm The Forum (Barton Road)