Chance to visit Ely’s top attractions ‘after hours’
- Credit: Archant
Ely Heritage Weekend is offering people a rare opportunity to visit some of the city’s attractions after hours.
On Friday September 11 Ely’s visitor attractions are opening their doors, free of charge, so you can experience these atmospheric buildings after hours from 5pm to 8pm.
Visit Oliver Cromwell’s House after dark and experience domestic life in the 17th Century in its re-created period rooms. Play with the toys of the time and venture into the haunted bedroom if you dare. No pre-booking necessary.
Ely Cathedral is one of the most magnificent examples of medieval architecture in Europe, and is steeped in history and dates back to the 11th Century. The Cathedral will be offering twilight tours of either the historical West Tower or the world famous Octagon Tower.
Places are limited to two tickets per person and must be prebooked via our website at www.elycathedral.org for the tour that starts at 6.30pm.
The Stained Glass Museum housed in the evocative South Triforium of Ely Cathedral, is the only museum dedicated to the art of stained glass in the country. View the many stunning stained glass windows, which date from 1200 to the present day. For those wanting to find out more about stained glass and this unique collection, join a free guided tour with our curator at 6.30pm. Tours run from 6.30pm to 8.30pm. Pre-booking advisable for the tours as places are limited. Contact 01353 660347, firstname.lastname@example.org
Take this free opportunity to visit Ely Museum from 5pm to 8pm. Displays include original prison cells, fossils to touch and Roman remains.
- 1 Pedestrian struck on Ely Road in Littleport
- 2 Council bans use of agricultural land to extend garden
- 3 Former Baptist chapel to be turned into four-bedroom house
- 4 Mexican restaurant to open inside former Frankie & Benny's in Ely
- 5 Councillor hits out at 'huge intransigence' over splash pad project
- 6 Village road closing for five weeks for temporary barrier installation
- 7 ‘It’s been like this for 11 months’ - woman’s assisted refuse collection failure
- 8 Shoplifter, 33, who assaulted woman is on the run
- 9 Shoplifter barred from every M&S and Sainsbury's in Cambridgeshire
- 10 Soham tribute to 'honest, funny, intelligent and understanding human being'
No pre-booking necessary for this free event.
For more information contact Ely Tourist Information Centre on 01353 662062 or email: email@example.com