Chance to get up close and personal with Fella Soham’s favourite house-trained pig
- Credit: Archant
Last year fans travelled from as far away as Liverpool to meet him at a special day organised by his proud owner Emily Keates.
This year Emily is hoping even more people will turn out for the ‘Meet Fella Day’ on Saturday (August 27) at the Cherry Tree pub in Soham.
The aim is to not only give people a chance to get up close and personal with Fella, but to also help promote veganism.
Fella, a pot-belly/saddleback cross, was rescued from certain death as his previous owner a breeder in Essex was planning to sell him and his siblings for meat.
Emily stepped in and the rest is history. Fella has become a house pet at her Soham home and he regularly enjoys walks with her dogs.
You may also want to watch:
“I take him for a walk every day but it can take up to two hours because everyone wants to meet him, stroke him and have a chat,” said Emily.
“He is just so gentle and patient, if he gets bored he just lies down on his tummy and waits for people to finish stroking him.”
- 1 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 2 £330,000 fraudster burning evidence as police raid his home
- 3 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 4 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 5 Three charged after £2m Hotpoint arson attack
- 6 Golf club's £8,850 donation for dementia singing charity All In Sound
- 7 Residents asked to share ideas on how improve cycling and walking in East Cambs town
- 8 Stanley, 95, publishes first book to beat lockdown blues
- 9 Of all the places in all the city to park an uninsured 4x4
- 10 Fundraiser for mum with terminal cancer to 'have a good Christmas with her family'
Saturday’s ‘Meet Fella Day’ runs from noon to 4pm and will see the area’s favourite hog roaming in a small field at the back of the Fordham Road pub where there will also be vegan based stalls as well as games.
“It’s a real opportunity for people to get close to a pig and see for themselves just how clever they are. Fella knows how to sit and wait for treats - his favourites are bananas and apples. He is so well behaved,” said Emily.