Chance to cast your vote for new bridge in TV competition
EAST Cambridgeshire residents will have the chance to vote for a new bridge at Wicken Fen in a televised Living Landmarks competition. Organised by the National Lottery, the competition is being launched with a £50 million prize fund. The bridge at Wick
EAST Cambridgeshire residents will have the chance to vote for a new bridge at Wicken Fen in a televised "Living Landmarks" competition.
Organised by the National Lottery, the competition is being launched with a £50 million prize fund.
The bridge at Wicken Fen is one of 79 UK walking and cycling projects competing under the banner Connect2.
Connect2 aims to transform local travel and quality of life by making it easier to walk and cycle.
The date of the televised vote will be released nearer to the time.
- 1 Woman summonsed in connection with crash that killed five-month-old Louis Thorold
- 2 Community group ‘hoping for success’ with opening of new cinema
- 3 He strangled Rikki, stripped him and left his body flat on his back, Old Bailey told
- 4 'Fantastic, loving, cheeky' 19-year-old killed in motorbike crash
- 5 Four doctors and a nurse off sick with Covid-19 at Fenland surgeries
- 6 Academy shake-up as one principal goes and another arrives
- 7 No balloons plea to death crash motorcycle tribute convoy
- 8 Progress on introducing new 20mph speed limits to be discussed
- 9 Baby murder accused 'didn't say much' after life support withdrawn
- 10 Mara is Ely Standard Pet of the Year - voted for by you