Chance to be a good sport
A FUN-filled day designed to help children and adults with disabilities to find a new sport to take up and love is the aim of this year s Disability Sports Festival. The event, on Saturday, April 21 between 11am and 2.30pm at Witchford Village College Spo
A FUN-filled day designed to help children and adults with disabilities to find a new sport to take up and love is the aim of this year's Disability Sports Festival.
The event, on Saturday, April 21 between 11am and 2.30pm at Witchford Village College Sports Centre, will allow anyone with disabilities to try out a variety of sports and activities for free under the guidance of professional coaches.
Activities on offer include archery, badminton, basketball, a climbing wall, cricket, a fitness suite, football, giant games, new age kurling, rugby and zone hockey.
Annette Fontaine, Sports Development outreach worker at East Cambridgeshire District Council, said: "Sport is one of the best things to do to get fit and give you a passion for life, no matter how able-bodied you are.
You may also want to watch:
"With the Disability Sports Festival, we are looking to give people the chance to find a sport or activity they can learn and enjoy."
She said there would be qualified coaches available from a range of local clubs.
- 1 Our archives reveal the 'crackpot' idea to re-open disused rail lines
- 2 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 3 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 4 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 5 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 6 Drunk driver failed to spot police car parked next to her
- 7 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 8 Have your say on plans to improve city rail station
- 9 Police buy clothes for Iranian children rescued from lorry
- 10 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
Light drinks and snack will be available throughout the day.
INFO: If you would like any further information on this session, contact Annette Fontaine, Sports Development Outreach Worker, East Cambs District Council on 01353 665555.