Champions are crowned at Witchford as equestrian show draws the crowds
RECORD numbers turned out for an equestrian show at Witchford.
Competitors from across Cambridgeshire enjoyed the show, hosted by JJ Equestrian.
Georgia Prosser became ridden champion on her horse Outta This World, while Stacey Barham was named in-hand champion on Galliard Melody. Both winners were given a �50 voucher donated by Styalways Saddlery.
Sarah Crosbie, from Chatteris, who owns JJ Equestrian, said: “I am absolutely thrilled at how these local shows have grown over the past year.
“On August 26 we will be celebrating our first birthday with a Big Birthday Bash, with a �50 cash prize for our Supreme JJ Champion.
“We have also been invited to have a ring at Equifest on Sunday 19 August. This is a big honour for me as I have always visited Equifest and believe it’s the biggest Equestrian Showing Event in East Anglia.”
For more information on JJ Equestrian, visit www.jjequestrian.co.uk
- 1 80 homes threaten access to ‘rural haven of rare beauty’
- 2 Woman wins right to build annexe to home
- 3 Dental practice plan move to business park
- 4 Trainspotters catch Duchess of Sutherland whistling through Fens
- 5 Bus ‘wars', Aids, Ely parking and a ’vote for fen man – for fen people’
- 6 Family escape 'devastating fire' that ripped through home
- 7 Primary school plans for new town take step forward
- 8 Big Christmas lights switch-on arrives
- 9 Leslie 'faster, fitter, happier' after losing 10 stone in four months
- 10 Two-day operation to feature in episode four of TV series