Chamberlain’s Men set for Ely return
- Credit: Archant
THE Old Palace garden in Ely will be transformed into an open air theatre next week when theatre group The Lord Chamberlain’s Men perform Shakespeare’s summer comedy, As You Like It.
Reviving the traditions of Elizabethan theatre, The Lord Chamberlain’s Men perform Shakespeare’s most popular plays in the way the Bard first envisioned them: with an all-male cast, traditional costume and Elizabethan song and dance.
Adella Charlton, director of performance studies at King’s Ely, where the performance is taking place, said: “I get really excited about the magical experience that The Lord Chamberlain’s Men bring to Ely every summer. This year will be particularly special as we are hosting the event in the Old Palace garden for the first time.
“It would be lovely to join all of our friends in the Ely community for this glimpse into Shakespeare’s world, surrounded by beautiful trees dating from the 17th century that will give a sense of history and resonance.”
The production takes place in the Old Palace garden at King’s Ely at 7.30pm on Wednesday, May 22. Tickets cost £12.50 for adults and £10 for children. For further information or to book tickets, please email email@example.com or call 01353 653931.
You may also want to watch:
Guests are advised to bring their own rugs or low back seating, a picnic and a precautionary umbrella.
- 1 Biggest village in Cambridgeshire to get even bigger
- 2 Care home still 'requires improvement'
- 3 Bronze pig found at bottom of garden could be worth £10,000
- 4 Rapist on bail performed magic tricks for police and security guard
- 5 'Well, here's another nice mess you've gotten me into'
- 6 Flooding highlights outline of English Civil War fort as rain fills moat
- 7 Friendship and dating agency gets £114,000 funding boost
- 8 Campaigning for those excluded from government Covid support
- 9 Jonathan Van Tam’s mum gets Covid-19 vaccination at Cambs clinic
- 10 High life ends for Bentley owning drug dealer