Blooming success for Ely as celebrity gardener Diarmuid Gavin will bring Irish charm to Flower Festival
- Credit: Archant
A celebrity gardener will be making a special appearance at Ely Cathedral’s Flower Festival next month.
Diarmuid Gavin will be guest of honour at the Festival’s preview evening on June 20.
Preview ticket holders can enjoy a glass of champagne in the Bishop of Ely’s medieval gardens and get a sneak peek of the floral displays before the event opens to the public the following day.
Ely’s Flower Festival will include more than 50,000 blooms transformed into 100 striking exhibits.
Diarmuid, who is most known for his BBC programme Homefront, said: “A flower festival is the perfect place for me. There are similarities with making a show garden, except with a garden you have a month to build it, these Flower Arrangers produce miraculous creations in a couple of days.”
You may also want to watch:
He will also be attending RHS Chelsea press day to launch the new Ely Cathedral Rose.
The Flower Festival is open to the public from June 21 to 24.
- 1 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 2 Motion calls for community housing review in four villages
- 3 G's to help save Christmas for poultry industry
- 4 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 5 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
- 6 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 7 New Ely cinema, royal visit, Welney gets a hall and Thomas a new car
- 8 WATCH: The Fens celebrates its own 'Ark of Triumph'
- 9 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
- 10 New-look Crusaders show fighting spirit to earn comeback triumph
Other supporters and sponsors of the event include Cheffins, Cambridge Independent, G’s, McCarthy & Stone and The Old Hall.
For further information visit www.elycathedral.org or call the Box Office on 01353 660349.