Cause of Soham teenager’s death remains a mystery
- Credit: Archant
The cause of death of a teenager who collapsed in Soham on Sunday remains a mystery.
An inquest into the death of 16-year-old Pasha Clark was opened by the coroner for North and East Cambridgeshire, William Morris, in Huntingdon, on Tuesday.
But her cause of death was listed as “unascertained”, with the results of toxicology tests yet to be completed.
The inquest was adjourned and is expected to re-open again in August.
The East of England Ambulance Service was called to an address in High Street shortly after 10.30pm on Sunday, following reports that the teenager had collapsed and was unresponsive.
Despite the best efforts of emergency crews, however, the Soham Village College student was pronounced dead at the scene.
The East Anglian Air Ambulance was also called.
- 1 Mexican restaurant to open inside former Frankie & Benny's in Ely
- 2 Village road closing for five weeks for temporary barrier installation
- 3 Soham tribute to 'honest, funny, intelligent and understanding human being'
- 4 'A little talent very thinly spread' Mike Rouse, in his own words
- 5 Breakup and burglary! Couple's chaos after £101m win on Euromillions
- 6 Inferno BBQ to be occupied by sister company Forbidden Burger Co
- 7 Ex-soldier Rob on a mission to bring 'ideas and energy' to Ely
- 8 Students ‘over the moon’ to receive letter from The Queen during project
- 9 Mike Rouse, councillor, former mayor and historian, dies aged 82
- 10 Inclusivity at the heart of Dr Pip's goals ahead of Ely by-election
A spokesperson said: “Unfortunately, despite the best efforts of all those at the scene, the patient was declared deceased. Our thoughts are with their family and friends at this sad and difficult time.”
Cambridgeshire police were also called and arrived at 10.45pm.
A spokesman for the force said that an investigation was carried out by officers who determined that there was no foul play involved.
He said: “The death is not being treated as suspicious and has been passed to the coroner.”
Pasha, who was a student at Soham Village College, was described by principal, Dr Carin Taylor, as a “bright” student with a passion for art.
Paying tribute, she said: “We were very sad to hear of the loss of Pasha Clark. Pasha was a year 11 student at Soham Village College, a bright individual who was particularly passionate about art. Our thoughts are with Pasha’s family and friends at this very difficult time.”