Cause of Soham teenager’s death remains a mystery
- Credit: Archant
The cause of death of a teenager who collapsed in Soham on Sunday remains a mystery.
An inquest into the death of 16-year-old Pasha Clark was opened by the coroner for North and East Cambridgeshire, William Morris, in Huntingdon, on Tuesday.
But her cause of death was listed as “unascertained”, with the results of toxicology tests yet to be completed.
The inquest was adjourned and is expected to re-open again in August.
The East of England Ambulance Service was called to an address in High Street shortly after 10.30pm on Sunday, following reports that the teenager had collapsed and was unresponsive.
You may also want to watch:
Despite the best efforts of emergency crews, however, the Soham Village College student was pronounced dead at the scene.
The East Anglian Air Ambulance was also called.
- 1 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 2 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 3 HGV driver courses set up to help meet critical shortages
- 4 G's to help save Christmas for poultry industry
- 5 New Ely cinema, royal visit, Welney gets a hall and Thomas a new car
- 6 Triple judo Olympic champion to give masterclass for Ely Dojo
- 7 High-flying 'humble' gymnast, 9, top of the tree on county debut
- 8 Yellow weather warning issued for Cambridgeshire
- 9 80 ‘pieces of graffiti’ removed by council in just six months
- 10 Lets get Cambridgeshire back on the buses says mayor
A spokesperson said: “Unfortunately, despite the best efforts of all those at the scene, the patient was declared deceased. Our thoughts are with their family and friends at this sad and difficult time.”
Cambridgeshire police were also called and arrived at 10.45pm.
A spokesman for the force said that an investigation was carried out by officers who determined that there was no foul play involved.
He said: “The death is not being treated as suspicious and has been passed to the coroner.”
Pasha, who was a student at Soham Village College, was described by principal, Dr Carin Taylor, as a “bright” student with a passion for art.
Paying tribute, she said: “We were very sad to hear of the loss of Pasha Clark. Pasha was a year 11 student at Soham Village College, a bright individual who was particularly passionate about art. Our thoughts are with Pasha’s family and friends at this very difficult time.”