Caught on camera - the moment two more cars come to grief on Littleport road making it at least 15 such incidents in three months
- Credit: Archant
Two more vehicles have come off a road at Littleport to add to the tally of 13 reported crashes – including a fatality- in the previous three months.
The latest two included the need for emergency treatment after a convertible came off Padnal Bank – that leads into Branch Bank – at Littleport.
A pink Smart car was also a casualty of the same stretch of road – but the driver escaped with only hurt pride.
Luckily, as our photograph shows, a group of college students were in the area and some of them helped push the car back onto the road.
Resident, David Jermy, has witnessed 13 crashes along the road in just 10 weeks and believes it is due to cars “not adjusting their speed to the conditions.”
You may also want to watch:
Mr Jermy, who moved to the area in April, says he is “certain” more fatalities will occur unless the 40mph speed limit is enforced.
- 1 'My UK dream became a reality': World first sake brewery launches in Ely
- 2 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 3 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 4 Man to appear in court after smashing police car window with sledgehammer
- 5 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 6 Man in court over special constable assault and theft of alcohol
- 7 Transport company donates advertising to children’s brain tumour charity
- 8 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 9 Gym’s ‘money for miles’ Children in Need fundraiser
- 10 High-flying 'humble' gymnast, 9, top of the tree on county debut