Cathy hands over birthday cash to boost hospital’s breast cancer appeal
- Credit: Archant
Money raised at a Littleport resident’s 60th birthday party was donated to Addenbrooke’s Hospital, in Cambridge, this week.
Reverend Cathy Gibb celebrated her birthday last month with a party and charity draw at the Crown Inn, bringing in more than £400 in donations.
This week, Rev Gibb handed over the money to Addenbrooke’s head of community fundraising, Michelle Gray.
Ms Gray said: “I’d like to express our sincere thanks to Cathy for kindly hosting her 60th birthday bash in aid of Addenbrooke’s breast cancer appeal.
“It’s supporters like Cathy who will help to fund a new scanner for the breast unit and research into personalised treatments for breast cancer patients to improve cancer services and the patient experience.”
You may also want to watch:
Cathy’s next charity challenge is working with Littleport Timebank co-ordinator Caline Easey for an event taking place on April 8.
The event takes place at Littleport children’s centre, in Parsons Lane, from 10.30-1pm. There will be children’s entertainment and cake stalls.
- 1 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 2 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 3 HGV driver courses set up to help meet critical shortages
- 4 G's to help save Christmas for poultry industry
- 5 New Ely cinema, royal visit, Welney gets a hall and Thomas a new car
- 6 High-flying 'humble' gymnast, 9, top of the tree on county debut
- 7 Yellow weather warning issued for Cambridgeshire
- 8 80 ‘pieces of graffiti’ removed by council in just six months
- 9 Triple judo Olympic champion to give masterclass for Ely Dojo
- 10 Lets get Cambridgeshire back on the buses says mayor