New canon says role ‘is an honour’ following appointment at Ely Cathedral
- Credit: Picture: Keith Heppell
The new residentiary canon of Ely Cathedral said “it is an honour” after being appointed into his new role.
At a small congregation of friends and family on Saturday, August 15, the Reverend James Reveley was installed as Residentiary Canon of the cathedral, succeeding Revd Canon Victoria Johnson who is now Canon Precentor at York Minster.
Before moving to Ely with wife Joanna and daughters Miriam and Hannah, Revd Reveley had been the vicar of St Andrew’s Church in Bedford for seven years and vice chair of the St Albans Diocesan Board for Church and Society.
Revd Reveley has also studied theology and music as well as being part of a local chamber choir, while both his daughters are members of the Ely Cathedral Girls’ Choir as he takes responsibility for the cathedral community and congregation.
“I greatly look forward to working alongside the Dean and Chapter and to having a particular responsibility for pastoral care among the congregation and wider community,” he said.
You may also want to watch:
“Ely Cathedral is a place solidly grounded in worship and prayer and I am excited to become a part of its ongoing mission joyfully to proclaim the gospel in word and deed.”
- 1 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 2 HGV driver courses set up to help meet critical shortages
- 3 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 4 New Ely cinema, royal visit, Welney gets a hall and Thomas a new car
- 5 G's to help save Christmas for poultry industry
- 6 High-flying 'humble' gymnast, 9, top of the tree on county debut
- 7 Yellow weather warning issued for Cambridgeshire
- 8 80 ‘pieces of graffiti’ removed by council in just six months
- 9 Triple judo Olympic champion to give masterclass for Ely Dojo
- 10 Lets get Cambridgeshire back on the buses says mayor