Cathedral to hold two carol services
ELY Cathedral s annual carol service is on course to be as huge a success as in other years. At last year s service, staff were turning people away at the door to prevent overcrowding and a breach of health and safety regulations. So this year, in order
ELY Cathedral's annual carol service is on course to be as huge a success as in other years.
At last year's service, staff were turning people away at the door to prevent overcrowding and a breach of health and safety regulations.
So this year, in order to meet demand, there will be two services on December 23 and 24, both at 6pm.
Michael Chandler, Dean of Ely said: "The cathedral has always been a magnificent setting for services and concerts and even more so at this time of year.
You may also want to watch:
"It is wonderful that so many people are able to come and experience the spirituality of the cathedral at Christmas and take up the opportunity to worship here."
There will also be a Midnight Mass service at 11.30pm and a Christmas Eve crib service at 4pm on Christmas Eve.
- 1 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 2 Fundraiser for mum with terminal cancer to 'have a good Christmas with her family'
- 3 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 4 ‘I’m Lovin It’ burglars caught by McDonald's trip
- 5 Heroin dealer kept machete at home
- 6 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 7 Of all the places in all the city to park an uninsured 4x4
- 8 £330,000 fraudster burning evidence as police raid his home
- 9 22 arrests, drugs, cash and weapons seized in county lines crackdown
- 10 Stanley, 95, publishes first book to beat lockdown blues