Cathedral stars in new BBC TV series
ELY Cathedral s architectural splendour will be featured in a brand new television series with David Dimbleby. The BBC 1 programme, How We Built Britain, will include the cathedral in its first episode. Ely residents are being given the chance to get invo
ELY Cathedral's architectural splendour will be featured in a brand new television series with David Dimbleby.
The BBC 1 programme, How We Built Britain, will include the cathedral in its first episode.
Ely residents are being given the chance to get involved with the programme by taking their digital photos or shots on a camera phone of the city's buildings to a state-of-the-art BBC Bus.
The BBC is looking for photos of all kinds of buildings from a local church that has stood the test of time to the new house with the quirky roof.
The bus, which will be parked in the cathedral grounds on Sunday, June 10, will be manned by top photographers Tom Ang, from the BBC 4 series Britain in Pictures, and Sian Bonnell who will be running free photography master classes, and there will be fun camera activities for all the family.
Anyone taking photos along to the bus will be given help to upload the images onto the web and they will form part of a photographic archive of British architecture over the centuries.
- 1 21st century agreement on future of 17th century pub
- 2 ‘It’s sadly coming to a natural end’ - restaurant to close its doors by August
- 3 ‘It’s been very rewarding’ - Letizia amazed by support for La Strega
- 4 Village barn struck by arsonists in 4am blaze
- 5 New bid for housing thwarted by Great Crested Newts
- 6 Littleport 'hit and run' on Victoria Street
- 7 Change of plan for A142 Mepal bridge works as July closures announced
- 8 Florist 'busier than ever' hoping to build from lockdown success
- 9 Axing BBC TV news from Cambridge 'a backward step' says MP
- 10 Explained: What the cost of living support package means for you
The bus will be at the cathedral from 10am to 4pm.