Cathedral stars in new BBC TV series
ELY Cathedral s architectural splendour will be featured in a brand new television series with David Dimbleby. The BBC 1 programme, How We Built Britain, will include the cathedral in its first episode. Ely residents are being given the chance to get invo
ELY Cathedral's architectural splendour will be featured in a brand new television series with David Dimbleby.
The BBC 1 programme, How We Built Britain, will include the cathedral in its first episode.
Ely residents are being given the chance to get involved with the programme by taking their digital photos or shots on a camera phone of the city's buildings to a state-of-the-art BBC Bus.
The BBC is looking for photos of all kinds of buildings from a local church that has stood the test of time to the new house with the quirky roof.
You may also want to watch:
The bus, which will be parked in the cathedral grounds on Sunday, June 10, will be manned by top photographers Tom Ang, from the BBC 4 series Britain in Pictures, and Sian Bonnell who will be running free photography master classes, and there will be fun camera activities for all the family.
Anyone taking photos along to the bus will be given help to upload the images onto the web and they will form part of a photographic archive of British architecture over the centuries.
- 1 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 2 High-flying 'humble' gymnast, 9, top of the tree on county debut
- 3 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 4 HGV driver courses set up to help meet critical shortages
- 5 80 ‘pieces of graffiti’ removed by council in just six months
- 6 Man to appear in court after smashing police car window with sledgehammer
- 7 New Ely cinema, royal visit, Welney gets a hall and Thomas a new car
- 8 'My UK dream became a reality': World first sake brewery launches in Ely
- 9 G's to help save Christmas for poultry industry
- 10 Lets get Cambridgeshire back on the buses says mayor
The bus will be at the cathedral from 10am to 4pm.