Cash Giveaway first round of winners announced
THE ELY Standard is pleased to announce the first round of winners of our �15,000 Cash Giveaway. We were inundated with applications from some very worthy causes and are delighted to be able to help the following organisations: Field Theatre Group, Lit
THE ELY Standard is pleased to announce the first round of winners of our �15,000 Cash Giveaway.
We were inundated with applications from some very worthy causes and are delighted to be able to help the following organisations:
Field Theatre Group, Littleport �1,000
Ely Guides �875
You may also want to watch:
Pymoor Community Archive Group �400
Soham Methodist Mother and Toddler Group �250
- 1 Eight page enforcement notice wrapped round giant cuppa
- 2 Man dies after lorry crashes into trees
- 3 Caught on camera: milk thieves strike in the city
- 4 Have a BREW-TIFUL day says the pub with a giant tea cup outside
- 5 Ely Museum team member retires after 16 years' service
- 6 Worst road in Fenland? You'd better believe it
- 7 Kevin’s powerful testimony challenges us to #DoTheRightThing
- 8 Equipment worth £6,000 stolen from farm during overnight break-in
- 9 'Every number is a lost life' - Worst Covid affected care homes in Cambs
- 10 Drink driver fleeing traffic cops overturns before being arrested
Haddenham Day Centre �500
Cambridgeshire Search and Rescue �250
Mepal Friendship Club �500
Rotary Clubs of Ely �1,000
4 Women, Littleport �250
PULSE, Littleport �1,000
Littleport Band �500
City of Ely Cricket Club �250
Haddenham Bowls Club �650
Editor Debbie Davies said: "We have to emphasies that the amounts being announced are offers and subject, to the groups confirming their acceptance of the offer."
"We've had an overwhelming response. Community groups, we know, often struggle to find funding, so we are delighted to be able to recognise so many of the groups doing such valuable work in our area."
The list will also be announced on Thursday and successful applicants will receive offer letters shortly thereafter.
Other applications in the pipeline - all of which arrived before last week's closing date- are now being studied and the remaining sums will be allocated shortly.
Award winners will be invited to a special presentation once all the funding has been announced.