Cars written off and one driver taken to hospital with a back injury following A10 collision near Stretham
- Credit: Archant
A road traffic collision on the A10 near Stretham this morning resulted in two vehicles being written off.
The two cars involved are a Ford Fiesta in red, and a Volvo S60 in silver.
The Volvo initially caught fire and both ambulance and fire rescue services attended the scene before order could be restored.
One driver has been taken to hospital with a back injury.
The Highways Agency has attended to deal with the issue of diesel on the road.
You may also want to watch:
The route has since been reopened.
PC Jamie Brown said: “It was quite a busy scene, and although one party has been taken to hospital it is good news that both drivers were walking and talking.
- 1 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 2 WATCH: The Fens celebrates its own 'Ark of Triumph'
- 3 Man found dead in March
- 4 Jail for 'despicable' burglary on 93-year-old man with dementia
- 5 Motion calls for community housing review in four villages
- 6 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 7 Church to hold churchyards training day
- 8 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 9 MP oversees climate change mock debate at Ely College
- 10 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
“Ambulance, police and fire rescue have made a combined effort working together to get the road back open.
“We’re grateful to everyone for their patience.”