Carpet bowls match raises £400
MORE than £400 was raised for Age Concern Cambridgeshire at an over-60s carpet bowls match. The match, which took place at Littleport Leisure Centre, was organised by Norman South and Jim Brasher, and 40 teams of four players took part. Competitors hailed
MORE than £400 was raised for Age Concern Cambridgeshire at an over-60s carpet bowls match. The match, which took place at Littleport Leisure Centre, was organised by Norman South and Jim Brasher, and 40 teams of four players took part.
Competitors hailed from all over the Eastern region.
The money raised came from entry fees and a raffle and the winners, from Over, received a trophy.
Chairwoman of Age Concern Cambridgeshire, Hazel Williams, said: "Norman and Jim have been raising money for various charities for several years without any concern for self-recognition. It was a real team effort and a great success; 160 people had a thoroughly enjoyable time and the money will be of great benefit to Age Concern Cambridgeshire"
You may also want to watch:
The exact figure raised was £450.10.
Above are pictured some of the bowlers who took part in the competition.
- 1 'My UK dream became a reality': World first sake brewery launches in Ely
- 2 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 3 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 4 Man to appear in court after smashing police car window with sledgehammer
- 5 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 6 Man in court over special constable assault and theft of alcohol
- 7 Transport company donates advertising to children’s brain tumour charity
- 8 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 9 Gym’s ‘money for miles’ Children in Need fundraiser
- 10 High-flying 'humble' gymnast, 9, top of the tree on county debut
Photo: HELEN DRAKE