Carpenter caught driving ver limit
SELF-emplyed carpenter Martin Freeland received a driving ban this week when he appeared at Ely Magistrates Curt n Thursday. Freeland has been wrking at Lin Yard in Cambridge, but will lse his jb if he cannt find an alternative transprt, Ely magi
SELF-emplyed carpenter Martin Freeland received a driving ban this week when he appeared at Ely Magistrates Curt n Thursday.
Freeland has been wrking at Lin Yard in Cambridge, but will lse his jb if he cannt find an alternative transprt, Ely magistrates heard this week.
And Freeland will still have t pay ff the £6,000 lan he tk ut t launch his new business, said slicitr Michael Judkins.
Freeland, 25, f The Ctes, Sham, admitted driving when ver the alchl limit in Beresfrd Rad at Ely n February 2. He was banned fr 12 mnths, and fined £267 with £60 csts and a £15 surcharge.
You may also want to watch:
The curt heard that Freeland had fur peple in his car when he stpped in a cul-de-sac arund 8.30pm. He failed a breathalyser test, and later gave a breath test reading f 54 mcgs f alchl in 100 mls f breath, when the legal limit is 35 mcgs.
Mr Judkins said Freeland had drunk a cuple f pints f lager that Saturday night, befre deciding t drp his car ff.
- 1 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 2 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 3 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 4 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success
- 5 Police investigation after village pavilion covered in graffiti
- 6 Meet the star cast of Christmas pantomime Sleeping Beauty
- 7 Envar deny responsibility for county's fly invasion
- 8 Mosque trust named RIBA client of the year 2021
- 9 Prison escapees found with stolen £30,000 car thanks to quick-thinking neighbour
- 10 Council expects to spend £2.4m less on older people due to 'Covid loss'
He was in the prcess f taking his car t a friend's huse when he was breathalysed.