Carpenter caught driving ver limit
SELF-emplyed carpenter Martin Freeland received a driving ban this week when he appeared at Ely Magistrates Curt n Thursday. Freeland has been wrking at Lin Yard in Cambridge, but will lse his jb if he cannt find an alternative transprt, Ely magi
SELF-emplyed carpenter Martin Freeland received a driving ban this week when he appeared at Ely Magistrates Curt n Thursday.
Freeland has been wrking at Lin Yard in Cambridge, but will lse his jb if he cannt find an alternative transprt, Ely magistrates heard this week.
And Freeland will still have t pay ff the £6,000 lan he tk ut t launch his new business, said slicitr Michael Judkins.
Freeland, 25, f The Ctes, Sham, admitted driving when ver the alchl limit in Beresfrd Rad at Ely n February 2. He was banned fr 12 mnths, and fined £267 with £60 csts and a £15 surcharge.
The curt heard that Freeland had fur peple in his car when he stpped in a cul-de-sac arund 8.30pm. He failed a breathalyser test, and later gave a breath test reading f 54 mcgs f alchl in 100 mls f breath, when the legal limit is 35 mcgs.
Mr Judkins said Freeland had drunk a cuple f pints f lager that Saturday night, befre deciding t drp his car ff.
- 1 Two food businesses closed after cockroach infestations found
- 2 Teenage moped rider seriously injured in crash
- 3 Missing woman back home
- 4 Pastor in freedom of speech and job fight over Pride tweet
- 5 Petition launched to save village pub
- 6 Pub company comes out fighting to keep controversial cuppa sign
- 7 College pupils bring School of Rock to life on stage
- 8 Father accused of baby daughter's murder gave her squash, court told
- 9 Man suffers injuries after A142 morning crash
- 10 Roll up, roll up, for the Fenland Council mini ‘sale of the century’
He was in the prcess f taking his car t a friend's huse when he was breathalysed.