Carnival preparations underway in Soham for 66th annual event next month
- Credit: Archant
A spectacular day of live music, floats, classic cars and a dog show will form part of Soham’s 66th carnival next month.
Preparations are now underway for the popular event which will take place at the Recreation Ground, in Fountain Lane, on May 27 from 9am to 5.30pm.
The carnival commences with the traditional heavy horse show in the main arena from 9am to 1pm.
It will be followed by the judging of floats and a procession at 1pm from Holmes Lane through Soham to the Recreation Ground.
There will also be a remembrance event for the 75th anniversary of the Soham Train Disaster on the main arena and the scout hut.
For the third year running a fun dog show will take place from 10am to 1pm, where you can bring your dog along to enter one of the fun classes.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- 1 Pedestrian struck on Ely Road in Littleport
- 2 Council bans use of agricultural land to extend garden
- 3 Mexican restaurant to open inside former Frankie & Benny's in Ely
- 4 Former Baptist chapel to be turned into four-bedroom house
- 5 Councillor hits out at 'huge intransigence' over splash pad project
- 6 Village road closing for five weeks for temporary barrier installation
- 7 ‘It’s been like this for 11 months’ - woman’s assisted refuse collection failure
- 8 Shoplifter, 33, who assaulted woman is on the run
- 9 Soham tribute to 'honest, funny, intelligent and understanding human being'
- 10 Shoplifter barred from every M&S and Sainsbury's in Cambridgeshire
BMX and scooter competitions will also take place on the skate park with Mike Mullen.
Other attractions include the live music stage, sponsored by Blueshed Studios, a free ‘explore outdoor’ climbing wall, classic cars, a fun fair and lots more.
Residents can enter a parade float and stalls and pitches are still available to hire by emailing email@example.com for more information, visit the Facebook page or call 01353 624493.