Carers survey tonic for surgery
BURWELL doctors have come out on top in a survey designed to find GPs who provide good support and information for the county s carers. The Burwell Surgery, in Newmarket Road, scored highest marks in the survey conducted by Cambridgeshire County Council.
BURWELL doctors have come out on top in a survey designed to find GPs who provide good support and information for the county's carers.
The Burwell Surgery, in Newmarket Road, scored highest marks in the survey conducted by Cambridgeshire County Council.
The survey followed a consultation with carers last year to gain their views on service improvement and they identified GP recognition and support for carers as their top priority, followed by improved and accessible information.
Seventy-seven GP practices were asked to complete the survey and 56 responses were received - of these 25 had a named Carers' Lead who was either the practice manager, district or practice nurse or GP.
You may also want to watch:
Cambridgeshire County Council carers strategic development manager, Val Selby, said: "The results will help us work alongside surgeries to improve and expand the support and services they offer to carers of all ages across Cambridgeshire."
# WHAT do you think of your local doctor's surgery? Please let us know by calling the newsdesk on 01353 667831.
- 1 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 2 Motion calls for community housing review in four villages
- 3 G's to help save Christmas for poultry industry
- 4 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
- 5 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 6 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 7 New Ely cinema, royal visit, Welney gets a hall and Thomas a new car
- 8 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
- 9 WATCH: The Fens celebrates its own 'Ark of Triumph'
- 10 New-look Crusaders show fighting spirit to earn comeback triumph