Care Home Employee Stole Tax Disc From Minibus
AN employee of the Gables Care Home in Littleport stole a vehicle tax disc that belonged to the company s mini-bus. Diane Giles found the tax disc in the car park, and put it in the window of her own vehicle, Ely magistrates were told. At Ely courthouse o
AN employee of the Gables Care Home in Littleport stole a vehicle tax disc that belonged to the company's mini-bus.
Diane Giles found the tax disc in the car park, and put it in the window of her own vehicle, Ely magistrates were told.
At Ely courthouse on Thursday, 49-year-old Giles, who was suspended from work after the offence came light, admitted theft.
The tax disc was lost in December, and was found in Giles' vehicle in February, said prosecutor Laura Mardell.
After arrest, Giles admitted she had found the tax disc and then used it. She also admitted driving her vehicle without insurance.
"She found the disc in the care home car park and accepts she should have handed it in," said solicitor Jacqui Baldwin.
- 1 Smoke plume in village near Cambridge thought to be car fire
- 2 Warwick Davis and daughter Annabelle cut the ribbon at special opening
- 3 Cambridgeshire man kicked and headbutted police officers
- 4 Stansted Airport and Cambridge trains disrupted after tree falls on tracks
- 5 Have your say on proposed commercial development in Ely
- 6 Casualty treated for smoke inhalation following house fire
- 7 Threat to cancel or 'indefinitely pause' £450m Ely rail upgrade
- 8 IN PICTURES: Wills and Kate visit Cambridgeshire's first County Day
- 9 Duke and Duchess of Cambridge arrive in Newmarket for Cambs County Day
- 10 Retiring café owner desperate not to see shop 'back at square one'
Giles was given a 12-month conditional discharge for the theft. For the insurance offence, she was fined �160 with �85 costs and a �15 surcharge, and six points were endorsed on her licence.
"For a lady of previous good character, you have blotted your copy book," said presiding magistrate Janet South.
"You knew full well the tax disc did not belong to you, but you went ahead and used it.