Care Home Employee Stole Tax Disc From Minibus
AN employee of the Gables Care Home in Littleport stole a vehicle tax disc that belonged to the company s mini-bus. Diane Giles found the tax disc in the car park, and put it in the window of her own vehicle, Ely magistrates were told. At Ely courthouse o
AN employee of the Gables Care Home in Littleport stole a vehicle tax disc that belonged to the company's mini-bus.
Diane Giles found the tax disc in the car park, and put it in the window of her own vehicle, Ely magistrates were told.
At Ely courthouse on Thursday, 49-year-old Giles, who was suspended from work after the offence came light, admitted theft.
The tax disc was lost in December, and was found in Giles' vehicle in February, said prosecutor Laura Mardell.
After arrest, Giles admitted she had found the tax disc and then used it. She also admitted driving her vehicle without insurance.
"She found the disc in the care home car park and accepts she should have handed it in," said solicitor Jacqui Baldwin.
- 1 80 homes threaten access to ‘rural haven of rare beauty’
- 2 Bus ‘wars', Aids, Ely parking and a ’vote for fen man – for fen people’
- 3 Woman wins right to build annexe to home
- 4 Family escape 'devastating fire' that ripped through home
- 5 Dental practice plan move to business park
- 6 Big Christmas lights switch-on arrives
- 7 Primary school plans for new town take step forward
- 8 East Cambs Council bins green waste collections for seven weeks
- 9 Frustration for Ely City is United's gain as unbeaten home run ends
- 10 Two-day operation to feature in episode four of TV series
Giles was given a 12-month conditional discharge for the theft. For the insurance offence, she was fined �160 with �85 costs and a �15 surcharge, and six points were endorsed on her licence.
"For a lady of previous good character, you have blotted your copy book," said presiding magistrate Janet South.
"You knew full well the tax disc did not belong to you, but you went ahead and used it.