Care Home Employee Stole Tax Disc From Minibus
AN employee of the Gables Care Home in Littleport stole a vehicle tax disc that belonged to the company s mini-bus. Diane Giles found the tax disc in the car park, and put it in the window of her own vehicle, Ely magistrates were told. At Ely courthouse o
AN employee of the Gables Care Home in Littleport stole a vehicle tax disc that belonged to the company's mini-bus.
Diane Giles found the tax disc in the car park, and put it in the window of her own vehicle, Ely magistrates were told.
At Ely courthouse on Thursday, 49-year-old Giles, who was suspended from work after the offence came light, admitted theft.
The tax disc was lost in December, and was found in Giles' vehicle in February, said prosecutor Laura Mardell.
You may also want to watch:
After arrest, Giles admitted she had found the tax disc and then used it. She also admitted driving her vehicle without insurance.
"She found the disc in the care home car park and accepts she should have handed it in," said solicitor Jacqui Baldwin.
- 1 Emergency services – including two air ambulances – rush to A10 crash
- 2 Max and Chloe become pioneers of community housing success in Cambs village
- 3 Company ‘paralysed by Brexit’ forced to open warehouse in Holland
- 4 Former Top Gear star Rory Reid spotted filming with Lamborghini
- 5 Chief executive takes 'personal oversight' of inquiry into deputy leader's farm tenancy
- 6 Covid-19 numbers in Fenland higher than rest of county
- 7 Biggest village in Cambridgeshire to get even bigger
- 8 Burglar who was spared by judge stole from woman three days later
- 9 New youth centre could be built in Littleport
- 10 Pedestrian dies crossing busy Cambridgeshire road
Giles was given a 12-month conditional discharge for the theft. For the insurance offence, she was fined �160 with �85 costs and a �15 surcharge, and six points were endorsed on her licence.
"For a lady of previous good character, you have blotted your copy book," said presiding magistrate Janet South.
"You knew full well the tax disc did not belong to you, but you went ahead and used it.