Care Home Employee Steals Tax Disc From Company Minibus
AN employee of the Gables Care Home in Littleport stole a vehicle tax disc that belonged to the company s mini-bus. Diane Giles found the tax disc in the car park, and put it in the window of her own vehicle, Ely magistrates were told. At Ely courthouse o
AN employee of the Gables Care Home in Littleport stole a vehicle tax disc that belonged to the company's mini-bus.
Diane Giles found the tax disc in the car park, and put it in the window of her own vehicle, Ely magistrates were told.
At Ely courthouse on Thursday, 49-year-old Giles, who was suspended from work after the offence came light, admitted theft.
The tax disc was lost in December, and was found in Giles' vehicle in February, said prosecutor Laura Mardell.
You may also want to watch:
After arrest, Giles admitted she had found the tax disc and then used it. She also admitted driving her vehicle without insurance.
"She found the disc in the care home car park and accepts she should have handed it in," said solicitor Jacqui Baldwin.
- 1 'Well, here's another nice mess you've gotten me into'
- 2 Care home still 'requires improvement'
- 3 Bronze pig found at bottom of garden could be worth £10,000
- 4 Flooding highlights outline of English Civil War fort as rain fills moat
- 5 Rapist on bail performed magic tricks for police and security guard
- 6 Fifteen flood alerts in place amid 'stay indoors' warning
- 7 New Google Search data reveals Ely is one of Britain’s most tired cities
- 8 More GP surgeries prepare to give Covid-19 vaccinations
- 9 Vaccinated nurse tells of 'incredibly stressful' situation
- 10 High life ends for Bentley owning drug dealer
Giles was given a 12-month conditional discharge for the theft. For the insurance offence, she was fined �160 with �85 costs and a �15 surcharge, and six points were endorsed on her licence.
"For a lady of previous good character, you have blotted your copy book," said presiding magistrate Janet South.
"You knew full well the tax disc did not belong to you, but you went ahead and used it.