Care Home Employee Steals Tax Disc From Company Minibus
AN employee of the Gables Care Home in Littleport stole a vehicle tax disc that belonged to the company s mini-bus. Diane Giles found the tax disc in the car park, and put it in the window of her own vehicle, Ely magistrates were told. At Ely courthouse o
AN employee of the Gables Care Home in Littleport stole a vehicle tax disc that belonged to the company's mini-bus.
Diane Giles found the tax disc in the car park, and put it in the window of her own vehicle, Ely magistrates were told.
At Ely courthouse on Thursday, 49-year-old Giles, who was suspended from work after the offence came light, admitted theft.
The tax disc was lost in December, and was found in Giles' vehicle in February, said prosecutor Laura Mardell.
You may also want to watch:
After arrest, Giles admitted she had found the tax disc and then used it. She also admitted driving her vehicle without insurance.
"She found the disc in the care home car park and accepts she should have handed it in," said solicitor Jacqui Baldwin.
- 1 'Dedicated' PCSO retires after 12 years amid force funding cuts
- 2 Jail for bank card fraudster caught on CCTV
- 3 Prosecution threat against businesses found not to be Covid-19 secure
- 4 You can now watch Ely Cathedral’s rare Peregrine Falcons live 24/7
- 5 Man who died in road crash is named
- 6 Woman to travel 100km in her wheelchair to fundraise for autism charity
- 7 Outcry over new road which will pass through woodland
- 8 ‘Beloved’ primary school headteacher leaving after 16 years in Soham
- 9 Volunteer group's Covid-closure after raising £70,000 in 30 years
- 10 Letters: How could we afford 120 police officers for boat race?
Giles was given a 12-month conditional discharge for the theft. For the insurance offence, she was fined �160 with �85 costs and a �15 surcharge, and six points were endorsed on her licence.
"For a lady of previous good character, you have blotted your copy book," said presiding magistrate Janet South.
"You knew full well the tax disc did not belong to you, but you went ahead and used it.