Card skimmer discovered on cash machine in Ely
PEOPLE are being urged to check their bank accounts after a skimming device was found on an ATM in Ely this week.
The device was removed from the cash machine outside Waitrose in the Cloisters on Monday.
Officers have removed the device, however anyone who has used the machine is being advised to check their accounts.
Community safety officer Sue Loaker said: “If you have used this machine in the last couple of weeks I would urge you to check your bank accounts for any unusual activity or false transactions.
“I would also appeal to anyone who has seen anyone acting suspiciously around the cash point to contact police.”
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with any information should call police on 101 or Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555111.
- 1 Homes 'siloed on edge of village like old-style council estate'
- 2 NHS worker breaks ribs, ankle and fractures leg in four car pile-up
- 3 Car hits A14 barrier near Newmarket
- 4 Transgender rapist - with anatomy of a man- jailed for 15 years
- 5 MP visits hospital about to become centre of Covid-19 vaccine rollout
- 6 Potamogeton Trichoides has the last word on £6.5m Mepal crematorium
- 7 Artist impressions of how Mepal will be transformed into a £6.5m crematorium
- 8 Village’s community Co-op will open next month after New Year delays
- 9 Dad of two killed on Fen road
- 10 Viewers react to 'brilliant' 24 Hours in Police Custody: Black Widow