Card skimmer discovered on cash machine in Ely
PEOPLE are being urged to check their bank accounts after a skimming device was found on an ATM in Ely this week.
The device was removed from the cash machine outside Waitrose in the Cloisters on Monday.
Officers have removed the device, however anyone who has used the machine is being advised to check their accounts.
Community safety officer Sue Loaker said: “If you have used this machine in the last couple of weeks I would urge you to check your bank accounts for any unusual activity or false transactions.
“I would also appeal to anyone who has seen anyone acting suspiciously around the cash point to contact police.”
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with any information should call police on 101 or Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555111.
- 1 Dr Nik 'over the moon' after pulling off shock Labour victory
- 2 Lib Dems score notable successes in East Cambridgeshire
- 3 Villagers 'clap for Dr Nik' to celebrate mayoralty victory
- 4 Stagecoach suspends Milton park and ride
- 5 Expect 'honesty and integrity' says new police and crime commissioner
- 6 Littleport tops poll for the lowest turnout in council elections
- 7 Prosecuted drone pilot breached Civil Aviation Authority regulations
- 8 Prime minister to give green light for May 17 Covid-19 lockdown easing
- 9 Drink driver TWICE rammed off-duty officers' car
- 10 Dr Nik Johnson elected Mayor of Cambridgeshire and Peterborough.