Card skimmer discovered on cash machine in Ely
PEOPLE are being urged to check their bank accounts after a skimming device was found on an ATM in Ely this week.
The device was removed from the cash machine outside Waitrose in the Cloisters on Monday.
Officers have removed the device, however anyone who has used the machine is being advised to check their accounts.
Community safety officer Sue Loaker said: “If you have used this machine in the last couple of weeks I would urge you to check your bank accounts for any unusual activity or false transactions.
“I would also appeal to anyone who has seen anyone acting suspiciously around the cash point to contact police.”
Anyone with any information should call police on 101 or Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555111.
- 1 80 homes threaten access to ‘rural haven of rare beauty’
- 2 Woman wins right to build annexe to home
- 3 Dental practice plan move to business park
- 4 Bus ‘wars', Aids, Ely parking and a ’vote for fen man – for fen people’
- 5 Trainspotters catch Duchess of Sutherland whistling through Fens
- 6 Family escape 'devastating fire' that ripped through home
- 7 Primary school plans for new town take step forward
- 8 Big Christmas lights switch-on arrives
- 9 Leslie 'faster, fitter, happier' after losing 10 stone in four months
- 10 'Farmgate' report leaks reveal concerns over Manor Farm tenancy