Card skimmer discovered on cash machine in Ely
PEOPLE are being urged to check their bank accounts after a skimming device was found on an ATM in Ely this week.
The device was removed from the cash machine outside Waitrose in the Cloisters on Monday.
Officers have removed the device, however anyone who has used the machine is being advised to check their accounts.
Community safety officer Sue Loaker said: “If you have used this machine in the last couple of weeks I would urge you to check your bank accounts for any unusual activity or false transactions.
“I would also appeal to anyone who has seen anyone acting suspiciously around the cash point to contact police.”
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with any information should call police on 101 or Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555111.
- 1 Did you go to Newmarket Nights? Spot yourself in our gallery
- 2 Residents told 'not to approach' illegal encampment
- 3 Not breaking news: Vicar with a vision, illegal fishing, workhouses and fork theft
- 4 Sweet Caroline and a dodgy knee - review of Olly Murs at Newmarket Nights
- 5 Jail for 'predator' who raped vulnerable woman in children's play park
- 6 Knife attack man jailed for 10 years over £20 'debt'
- 7 Blush crowned best bridal shop in Cambs
- 8 Fire crews called to stables building blaze
- 9 Hundreds sign petition in support of pub's cup of positivi-tea
- 10 Have a BREW-TIFUL day says the pub with a giant tea cup outside