Car Is A Lethal Vehicle Magistrates Tell Man Who Crashed and Fled The Scene
AFTER losing control of his car and damaging two parked vehicles, 20-year-old Ryan Scott left the crash scene. But two witnesses saw the crash in Church Lane at Littleport, and on Thursday Scott appeared before magistrates. Scott, of Limes Close, Littlepo
AFTER losing control of his car and damaging two parked vehicles, 20-year-old Ryan Scott left the crash scene.
But two witnesses saw the crash in Church Lane at Littleport, and on Thursday Scott appeared before magistrates.
Scott, of Limes Close, Littleport, admitted failing to stop after the accident on June 11, and driving without due care and attention.
"He lost control of his vehicle when he got to a sharp bend, and collided with a Volkswagen Golf," said prosecutor Laura Mardell. "That car was then pushed forward, and hit a Peugeot 206."
Representing himself at Ely courthouse, Scott said: "I came up the hill and got to a bend. The car went out of control, I put power into it to try and regain control. I couldn't do anything about it."
Scott said he was shocked after the accident, he was worried and panicked.
- 1 EastEnders star Adam Woodyatt ‘to work at restaurant in Cambridgeshire’
- 2 Mike Rouse, councillor, former mayor and historian, dies aged 82
- 3 Inferno BBQ to be occupied by sister company Forbidden Burger Co
- 4 Mike Rouse: A lifetime's passion for books and literature
- 5 'A little talent very thinly spread' Mike Rouse, in his own words
- 6 Table made from 5,000-year-old oak tree to be unveiled at Ely Cathedral in honour of The Queen
- 7 Middlesbrough couple found in Cambs with drugs worth around £37,000
- 8 Cambridge: Police officer had surgery after sex offender drove car at them
- 9 Superintendent dons rainbow helmet against hate crime on #IDAHOBIT
- 10 See inside this £1.7m country house with its own lake near Ely
The court fined Scott a total of �200, with six points endorsed on his licence. He must pay �35 costs and a �15 surcharge.
"A car is a lethal vehicle, and you must treat it as such," Scott was told by presiding magistrate Janet South.