Car fires were started deliberately - investigation concludes
- Credit: Archant
Arsonists torched two cars in Littleport in the early hours of Sunday morning.
Firefighters were called shortly after 1.30am to Cottier Drive following reports that two cars were ablaze.
A spokesman for Cambridgeshire Fire and Rescue Service said: “Two cars were on fire and wearing breathing apparatus, firefighters used two hose reels to extinguish them.
“Crews returned to their stations by 3am.”
The cause of the fire is believed to deliberate.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information should contact the police on 101 or the independent charity Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555111.
- 1 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 2 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 3 HGV driver courses set up to help meet critical shortages
- 4 G's to help save Christmas for poultry industry
- 5 New Ely cinema, royal visit, Welney gets a hall and Thomas a new car
- 6 High-flying 'humble' gymnast, 9, top of the tree on county debut
- 7 Yellow weather warning issued for Cambridgeshire
- 8 80 ‘pieces of graffiti’ removed by council in just six months
- 9 Triple judo Olympic champion to give masterclass for Ely Dojo
- 10 Lets get Cambridgeshire back on the buses says mayor