Crews tackle car blaze and house fire
- Credit: Cambs Fire
Firefighters released images from Soham community station of crews tackling two incidents on the same day, the first a blazing car and the second at a house.
First call of the day was to Prickwillow Road, Isleham, where the Soham firefighters joined up with colleagues from Newmarket.
They arrived to find a car “well alight with the fire spreading to nearby trees.
“Wearing breathing apparatus, they extinguished the fire using hose reels and returned to their stations by 4.45pm”.
The cause of the fire was accidental.
Later the same day Soham and Newmarket crews were back together, this time dealing with a fire on Ness Road, Burwell.
Firefighters arrived to find a fire in a house.
- 1 Pastor in freedom of speech and job fight over Pride tweet
- 2 Two food businesses closed after cockroach infestations found
- 3 Teenage moped rider seriously injured in crash
- 4 Missing woman back home
- 5 Petition launched to save village pub
- 6 Pub company comes out fighting to keep controversial cuppa sign
- 7 College pupils bring School of Rock to life on stage
- 8 Man suffers injuries after A142 morning crash
- 9 WATCH: Emotional tribute to honour and remember crash victim
- 10 Zip-shaped mark on Rikki's body came from his anorak – the one used to strangle him, court told
Wearing breathing apparatus, they extinguished the fire using hose reels and a jet. A male casualty was treated for smoke inhalation at the scene.
The crews returned to their stations by 8.20pm.
Again, the cause of the fire was accidental.