Crews tackle car blaze and house fire
- Credit: Cambs Fire
Firefighters released images from Soham community station of crews tackling two incidents on the same day, the first a blazing car and the second at a house.
First call of the day was to Prickwillow Road, Isleham, where the Soham firefighters joined up with colleagues from Newmarket.
They arrived to find a car “well alight with the fire spreading to nearby trees.
“Wearing breathing apparatus, they extinguished the fire using hose reels and returned to their stations by 4.45pm”.
The cause of the fire was accidental.
Later the same day Soham and Newmarket crews were back together, this time dealing with a fire on Ness Road, Burwell.
Firefighters arrived to find a fire in a house.
- 1 Smoke plume in village near Cambridge thought to be car fire
- 2 Warwick Davis and daughter Annabelle cut the ribbon at special opening
- 3 Stansted Airport and Cambridge trains disrupted after tree falls on tracks
- 4 Have your say on proposed commercial development in Ely
- 5 Caravan site wants 10 new lodges to cope with demand
- 6 Casualty treated for smoke inhalation following house fire
- 7 Retiring café owner desperate not to see shop 'back at square one'
- 8 Cambridgeshire man kicked and headbutted police officers
- 9 Threat to cancel or 'indefinitely pause' £450m Ely rail upgrade
- 10 IN PICTURES: Wills and Kate visit Cambridgeshire's first County Day
Wearing breathing apparatus, they extinguished the fire using hose reels and a jet. A male casualty was treated for smoke inhalation at the scene.
The crews returned to their stations by 8.20pm.
Again, the cause of the fire was accidental.