Crews tackle car blaze and house fire
- Credit: Cambs Fire
Firefighters released images from Soham community station of crews tackling two incidents on the same day, the first a blazing car and the second at a house.
First call of the day was to Prickwillow Road, Isleham, where the Soham firefighters joined up with colleagues from Newmarket.
They arrived to find a car “well alight with the fire spreading to nearby trees.
“Wearing breathing apparatus, they extinguished the fire using hose reels and returned to their stations by 4.45pm”.
The cause of the fire was accidental.
You may also want to watch:
Later the same day Soham and Newmarket crews were back together, this time dealing with a fire on Ness Road, Burwell.
Firefighters arrived to find a fire in a house.
- 1 Christmas lights switch-on event cancelled over 'Covid uncertainty'
- 2 Body found in Wisbech road
- 3 Lack of public transport blamed for collapse of £10.5m training centre
- 4 Florist's 'service with a smile' marks first year of triumph
- 5 Independent shop full of fresh food – despite national shortage
- 6 Crash driver four and a half times over drink drive limit
- 7 Lucky escape for driver who 'lost control' of car
- 8 Did you bite your husband's leg? ‘No, he knocked all my teeth out- I could not bite his leg’
- 9 Military teenager to star on national podcast
- 10 Mark's 27 unanswered questions over volunteers to control parking
Wearing breathing apparatus, they extinguished the fire using hose reels and a jet. A male casualty was treated for smoke inhalation at the scene.
The crews returned to their stations by 8.20pm.
Again, the cause of the fire was accidental.