Car enthusiasts enjoy a successful rally in Littleport
- Credit: Archant
A massive thank you has been sent to everybody who helped make a car enthusiasts meeting in Littleport a huge success and raised more than £300 for charity.
A total of 297 cars turned out for the event held at Littleport Leisure Community Centre - a date and location that was re-arranged after Ely Police clamped down on them meeting in the summer in a city car park.
Kyle Wassamer of East Cambs Modified said: “A massive thank you to you all for showing support. What an awesome day, couldn’t have asked for better weather for mid October!
“This event was a massive success and is just the start to what we plan on bringing to you next year.
“Thanks to the DJs at Sound So Deep, Auto Perfection, Custom lights, Oh So Sticky, Jap parts stand, and Mobi clean, you as traders are what helped make this event go ahead and not to forget Littleport Leisure Centre for trusting us and letting us use their field.
You may also want to watch:
“One final thank you to the helpers on the day that made today happen - from set up to tidying up.”
Visitors enjoyed an afternoon of browsing some superb cars and at the same time helped raise £305.51 for the air ambulance.
- 1 Our archives reveal the 'crackpot' idea to re-open disused rail lines
- 2 Fundraiser for mum with terminal cancer to 'have a good Christmas with her family'
- 3 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 4 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 5 Of all the places in all the city to park an uninsured 4x4
- 6 Sat nav 'takes one for the team' in bridge crash
- 7 22 arrests, drugs, cash and weapons seized in county lines crackdown
- 8 ‘I’m Lovin It’ burglars caught by McDonald's trip
- 9 Heroin dealer kept machete at home
- 10 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
The group’s next event will be summer next year.
Kyle said: “We are going to begin planning it as of now.”
East Cambs Modified re-scheduled their end of summer meet after police put a stop to it by shutting Angel Drove car park and put a dispersal order in force for the weekend.
• For more photos by Tom Evans visit My Car Scene UK.
• Helping make the event a success were Colt Harvey, Paul Harvey, Jack Paraons, Dan Gawthrop, Liam Harper, Harry Handscombe, Andrew Lemmon.