Car dealership delivers on promise to invest in Ely with expansion plans
- Credit: Archant
A leading Ely car dealership has applied for planning permission to expand its premises.
EMG Ford, in Angel Drove, has submitted a proposal for a small extension to the front and side of its current site.
The EMG site, which sits opposite Tesco, covers more than 6,000sq m and provides employment for 18 staff, across the garage and showroom.
The site was formerly the property of German retail giant Aldi but, last year, EMG Motor Group re-purchased the site and vowed to invest in the city again after Aldi’s attempts to open a supermarket were repeatedly thrown out.
As well as Ely, EMG has eight other branches, including in King’s Lynn, Thetford and Cambridge.
You may also want to watch:
A decision on the plans is expected within the next eight weeks. To view the plans, or to have a say, visit www.eastcambs.go.uk
- 1 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 2 Our archives reveal the 'crackpot' idea to re-open disused rail lines
- 3 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 4 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 5 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 6 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 7 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 8 Police buy clothes for Iranian children rescued from lorry
- 9 Sparkling sake brewery launches in Ely
- 10 Have your say on plans to improve city rail station