Car club raises more than £1,000 for East Anglian Air Ambulance
- Credit: Archant
More than £1,000 has been raised for the East Anglian Air Ambulance by classic car enthusiasts.
The Cambridge and District Classic Car Club (CDCCC) gathered the funds from their classic car rally in Ely last August along with other events throughout the year.
Last week at the club’s AGM, Richard Emmerson of the East Anglian Air Ambulance Charity met with Roger Carr, chair of CDCCC, for a cheque presentation.
Mr Carr said: “It was my privilege, on behalf of the membership of the club, our families and friends, and the generous members of the public we met through the last year, to present a cheque for £1454.75 to the CDCCC’s chosen charitry for 2017-18.
“The CDCCC thanks everyone who contributed to our fundraising, and I would like also to acknowledge those who helped organise the events.
You may also want to watch:
“It’s been a privilege to raise funds for this great charity, and to learn more about how the charity works.”
The club’s classic car rally for 2018 is on July 28 on the Old Palace Green.
- 1 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 2 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 3 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success
- 4 Mosque trust named RIBA client of the year 2021
- 5 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 6 Police investigation after village pavilion covered in graffiti
- 7 Meet the star cast of Christmas pantomime Sleeping Beauty
- 8 8 of the best shows coming to Cambridgeshire in November
- 9 Lisa Leader makes it to Germany for life prolonging treatment
- 10 Fireworks join Christmas lights on the Covid cancelled list for Ely
It will see a gathering of more than 70 classic cars, from 1920s to 1990s, opposite Ely Cathedral.
Visit: email@example.com for booking.