Lucky escape as car crashes and catches fire
- Credit: Cambs Fire
A driver escaped but his car looked to be written off after a crash in East Cambridgeshire .
Emergency services were called to Burwell after a motorist rolled his car onto the side and the vehicle caught fire.
Fire crews attended and police temporarily closed the road.
The incident happened just before 7am’
Brief details were provided by Burwell Community Fire Station.
They posted to their Facebook page: “A lucky escape for this driver this morning after their car rolled onto its side and caught fire.
“ We worked with the police to resolve the incident #teamwork #mightyburwell #knowyourroads “
- 1 Inside the £165,000 luxury river boat for sale in the Fens
- 2 Princess Anne unveils new 'national treasure' Jubilee table in Ely
- 3 See inside this Grade II listed former pub with self-contained annexe
- 4 Weekend closure for A142 for bridge works between Ely and Chatteris
- 5 Villagers can be proud says school head as Ofsted gives thumbs up
- 6 See inside this £1.7m country house with its own lake near Ely
- 7 Table made from 5,000-year-old oak tree to be unveiled at Ely Cathedral in honour of The Queen
- 8 Coach shocked as girls football idea goes from strength to strength
- 9 7 great places to get a bottomless brunch in Cambridgeshire
- 10 MBR Acres releases image of graffiti message
Cambs Fire and Rescue confirmed later they were called at 5.27 on Thursday to a fire on Weirs Drove in Burwell.
“Firefighters arrived to find a car well alight after it collided with a tree,” said a statement.
“Wearing breathing apparatus, they extinguished the fire using a hose reel and returned to their station by 6.45am.”
The statement added: “The cause of the fire was accidental.”