Lucky escape as car crashes and catches fire
- Credit: Cambs Fire
A driver escaped but his car looked to be written off after a crash in East Cambridgeshire .
Emergency services were called to Burwell after a motorist rolled his car onto the side and the vehicle caught fire.
Fire crews attended and police temporarily closed the road.
The incident happened just before 7am’
Brief details were provided by Burwell Community Fire Station.
You may also want to watch:
They posted to their Facebook page: “A lucky escape for this driver this morning after their car rolled onto its side and caught fire.
“ We worked with the police to resolve the incident #teamwork #mightyburwell #knowyourroads “
- 1 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 2 Fundraiser for mum with terminal cancer to 'have a good Christmas with her family'
- 3 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 4 ‘I’m Lovin It’ burglars caught by McDonald's trip
- 5 Of all the places in all the city to park an uninsured 4x4
- 6 22 arrests, drugs, cash and weapons seized in county lines crackdown
- 7 Heroin dealer kept machete at home
- 8 Our archives reveal the 'crackpot' idea to re-open disused rail lines
- 9 Rail volunteers recognised at awards ceremony
- 10 Sat nav 'takes one for the team' in bridge crash
Cambs Fire and Rescue confirmed later they were called at 5.27 on Thursday to a fire on Weirs Drove in Burwell.
“Firefighters arrived to find a car well alight after it collided with a tree,” said a statement.
“Wearing breathing apparatus, they extinguished the fire using a hose reel and returned to their station by 6.45am.”
The statement added: “The cause of the fire was accidental.”