Two trapped people cut free from car after crash on A142 Witcham Toll
- Credit: CambsFRS
Two people were cut from their car after a collision involving a lorry on the A142 at Witcham Toll.
The vehicles collided at around 10.30 at the junction on Thursday, February 27, leaving one driver with serious injuries.
Two fire crews, one from Chatteris and another from Ely, and the air ambulance attended the crash scene after the car occupants were found trapped.
A spokesman for Cambridgeshire Fire and Rescue Service said: "At 10.36am we were called to a road traffic collision on the A142 at Witcham Toll.
"On arrival firefighters found a collision between a heavy goods vehicle and a car, with two people trapped inside.
You may also want to watch:
"Using specialist cutting equipment both casualties were extricated from the car by firefighters and left in the care of the ambulance service. Crews returned to their stations by 12.11pm."
A spokesman for Cambridgeshire Police said: "Two people were removed from the car, one described as walking wounded, other serious injuries.
- 1 Our archives reveal the 'crackpot' idea to re-open disused rail lines
- 2 Fundraiser for mum with terminal cancer to 'have a good Christmas with her family'
- 3 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 4 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 5 Of all the places in all the city to park an uninsured 4x4
- 6 Sat nav 'takes one for the team' in bridge crash
- 7 22 arrests, drugs, cash and weapons seized in county lines crackdown
- 8 ‘I’m Lovin It’ burglars caught by McDonald's trip
- 9 Heroin dealer kept machete at home
- 10 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
"The road was closed from the Sutton roundabout."