Cannabis Teenagers Skip Bail
VIETNAMESE teenagers arrested in last month s cannabis raids have gone AWOL. The two 16-year-olds, arrested at skunk factories in Aldreth and Ely Waterside, were due to appear at Cambridge Youth Court but failed to show. The teenager, who cannot be na
VIETNAMESE teenagers arrested in last month's cannabis raids have gone AWOL.
The two 16-year-olds, arrested at "skunk" factories in Aldreth and Ely Waterside, were due to appear at Cambridge Youth Court but failed to show.
The teenager, who cannot be named for legal reasons, was arrested at a house in High Street, Aldreth, which turned up over 300 cannabis plants, was due to answer charges for involvement in the production of cannabis but did not turn up at the courthouse when scheduled to appear on March 18.
The teenager's abscondment comes in the same week that another 16 year-old youth, also Vietnamese, failed to appear before Cambridge magistrates following his arrest at a property at Waterside where more than 500 cannabis plants were discovered. Magistrates issued warrants for the arrest of both teenagers.
You may also want to watch:
Nho Van Tran, 40, also from Vietnam, is due to appear at Cambridge Crown Court and 33-year-old Thanh Mui Le will be committed to Cambridge Crown Court on April 3, charged with cannabis production.
- 1 Did you go to Newmarket Nights? Spot yourself in our gallery
- 2 Residents told 'not to approach' illegal encampment
- 3 Customers report summerhouse builder to fraud investigators
- 4 SAS ‘original’ Reg Seekings to feature in book
- 5 Not breaking news: Vicar with a vision, illegal fishing, workhouses and fork theft
- 6 Town rallies in fight for new hospital
- 7 Power boats thrill crowds at river races
- 8 Knife attack man jailed for 10 years over £20 'debt'
- 9 Post-Latitude covid has made me realise pandemic has a long way to go
- 10 Health chief’s stark warning: ‘The virus doesn’t care we changed the rules’