Cannabis Teenagers Skip Bail
VIETNAMESE teenagers arrested in last month s cannabis raids have gone AWOL. The two 16-year-olds, arrested at skunk factories in Aldreth and Ely Waterside, were due to appear at Cambridge Youth Court but failed to show. The teenager, who cannot be na
VIETNAMESE teenagers arrested in last month's cannabis raids have gone AWOL.
The two 16-year-olds, arrested at "skunk" factories in Aldreth and Ely Waterside, were due to appear at Cambridge Youth Court but failed to show.
The teenager, who cannot be named for legal reasons, was arrested at a house in High Street, Aldreth, which turned up over 300 cannabis plants, was due to answer charges for involvement in the production of cannabis but did not turn up at the courthouse when scheduled to appear on March 18.
The teenager's abscondment comes in the same week that another 16 year-old youth, also Vietnamese, failed to appear before Cambridge magistrates following his arrest at a property at Waterside where more than 500 cannabis plants were discovered. Magistrates issued warrants for the arrest of both teenagers.
Nho Van Tran, 40, also from Vietnam, is due to appear at Cambridge Crown Court and 33-year-old Thanh Mui Le will be committed to Cambridge Crown Court on April 3, charged with cannabis production.
- 1 80 homes threaten access to ‘rural haven of rare beauty’
- 2 Dental practice plan move to business park
- 3 Trainspotters catch Duchess of Sutherland whistling through Fens
- 4 Woman wins right to build annexe to home
- 5 Family escape 'devastating fire' that ripped through home
- 6 Primary school plans for new town take step forward
- 7 Two-day operation to feature in episode four of TV series
- 8 GP surgery 'failing' us says Labour
- 9 Big Christmas lights switch-on arrives
- 10 Firm announces acquisition of independent planning firm