Cannabis Teenagers Skip Bail
VIETNAMESE teenagers arrested in last month s cannabis raids have gone AWOL. The two 16-year-olds, arrested at skunk factories in Aldreth and Ely Waterside, were due to appear at Cambridge Youth Court but failed to show. The teenager, who cannot be na
VIETNAMESE teenagers arrested in last month's cannabis raids have gone AWOL.
The two 16-year-olds, arrested at "skunk" factories in Aldreth and Ely Waterside, were due to appear at Cambridge Youth Court but failed to show.
The teenager, who cannot be named for legal reasons, was arrested at a house in High Street, Aldreth, which turned up over 300 cannabis plants, was due to answer charges for involvement in the production of cannabis but did not turn up at the courthouse when scheduled to appear on March 18.
The teenager's abscondment comes in the same week that another 16 year-old youth, also Vietnamese, failed to appear before Cambridge magistrates following his arrest at a property at Waterside where more than 500 cannabis plants were discovered. Magistrates issued warrants for the arrest of both teenagers.
You may also want to watch:
Nho Van Tran, 40, also from Vietnam, is due to appear at Cambridge Crown Court and 33-year-old Thanh Mui Le will be committed to Cambridge Crown Court on April 3, charged with cannabis production.
- 1 Outcry over new road which will pass through woodland
- 2 Suspected paedophile, 61, arrested in front of thousands on live video
- 3 Tyler Goodjohn ready to enter lion's den in world title bid
- 4 'Dedicated' PCSO retires after 12 years amid force funding cuts
- 5 You can now watch Ely Cathedral’s rare Peregrine Falcons live 24/7
- 6 Letters: How could we afford 120 police officers for boat race?
- 7 Cheers! Busy first weekend back for pub post-lockdown
- 8 Motorcycle firm gearing up to show off lockdown project
- 9 Government plans at-home tablet to 'stop the virus in its tracks'
- 10 COLUMN: 'Expansion' the future for Ely rowing club