Cannabis, cocaine and heroin found during drug raid in Ely - woman, 46, taken for questioning
- Credit: Archant
Crack cocaine, cannabis and heroin were discovered and a 46-year-old woman questioned following a drug raid in Ely this week.
Police officers searched an address at 11am on Monday following drugs intelligence suggesting that the house was being used for the consumption of Class A substances.
The volume of substances was consistent with personal possession and a 46-year-old woman was subsequently interviewed for the offences at Ely police station.
PC Tom Graves, searching the address, said: “When we talk to the public they still tell us that drugs crimes are important, and that drugs undermine their communities.
“Where the intelligence is provided we will take positive action to disrupt the use and supply of illegal drugs in East Cambridgeshire.
You may also want to watch:
“Class A drugs like crack cocaine, cocaine and heroin break up families and cause lasting damage to individuals.”
He added: “We target these drugs because they’re dangerous.”
- 1 Fundraiser for mum with terminal cancer to 'have a good Christmas with her family'
- 2 Our archives reveal the 'crackpot' idea to re-open disused rail lines
- 3 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 4 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 5 Of all the places in all the city to park an uninsured 4x4
- 6 22 arrests, drugs, cash and weapons seized in county lines crackdown
- 7 Sat nav 'takes one for the team' in bridge crash
- 8 ‘I’m Lovin It’ burglars caught by McDonald's trip
- 9 Heroin dealer kept machete at home
- 10 Rail volunteers recognised at awards ceremony
Anyone with information regarding the use or supply of controlled drugs in Cambridgeshire should call 101, or contact Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555 111.