Will you help Ely police officer in her bid to run half marathon to support cancer charity?
- Credit: Archant
An Ely police officer is running a half marathon in New York in May to support the ‘Joining Against Cancer in Kids’ (JACK) charity.
The personal challenge for PC Emma Mitchell will also include pulling an Airbus A320 passenger jet, with four other people.
Emma has a fund raising target of £300 and she is looking for support.
Joining Against Cancer in Kids is a charity inspired by the battle of Jack Brown, son of Met officers Richard and Yvonne Brown.
PC Mark Edwards began the Pack for Jack, Met officers running so he could have treatment in the USA not available to him here, to have a chance and to enjoy extra time, and inspire so many people.
Sadly Jack passed away, but we still run and his legacy was that Joining Against Cancer in Kids was born. JACK and the Pack are still fighting.
His colleague want to ensure that the treatments and research into this aggressive cancer are not just for the children whose families live abroad, or whose families can afford them.
- 1 EastEnders star Adam Woodyatt ‘to work at restaurant in Cambridgeshire’
- 2 Mike Rouse, councillor, former mayor and historian, dies aged 82
- 3 Inferno BBQ to be occupied by sister company Forbidden Burger Co
- 4 'A little talent very thinly spread' Mike Rouse, in his own words
- 5 Mike Rouse: A lifetime's passion for books and literature
- 6 Table made from 5,000-year-old oak tree to be unveiled at Ely Cathedral in honour of The Queen
- 7 Middlesbrough couple found in Cambs with drugs worth around £37,000
- 8 Cambridge: Police officer had surgery after sex offender drove car at them
- 9 Superintendent dons rainbow helmet against hate crime on #IDAHOBIT
- 10 See inside this £1.7m country house with its own lake near Ely
They want the cure, and until then want the best treatments to be available in the UK on the NHS for all families.
“With your help we can make that happen,” says PC Mitchell.
“I’ll be joining Jacks Pack in New York in May 2018, to run a half marathon in order to raise money for this amazing charity. Please support me on my journey and give what you can.”