Can you help solve photo riddle?
- Credit: Archant
Ely resident Bill Lennie came upon this old photograph when searching through his attic and would like the help of Ely Standard readers to put some names to faces.
The picture was taken by the River Great Ouse, in Ely, in September 1908 and shows members of the Cooper’s Arms Fishing Club proudly displaying their nets and tackle.
Mr Lennie’s grandfather, Jim Fyson, is pictured seated in the middle row with a pipe in his mouth.
The Cooper’s Arms pub was based in Waterside and Mr Lennie’s grandfather lived close by. Outside of fishing, he was a painter and decorator at the Maltings brewery.
Mr Lennie, 77, said: “I remember putting the photo up in the attic some time ago but I wanted to see if I might be able to track back and find out a bit more about it.”
You may also want to watch:
Can you shed any more light on the photo, or who might be pictured in it? Contact us on 01353 645693 or e-mail Daniel.firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 Homes 'siloed on edge of village like old-style council estate'
- 2 Car hits A14 barrier near Newmarket
- 3 NHS worker breaks ribs, ankle and fractures leg in four car pile-up
- 4 Transgender rapist - with anatomy of a man- jailed for 15 years
- 5 MP visits hospital about to become centre of Covid-19 vaccine rollout
- 6 Retirement complex proposals encounter a sticky situation
- 7 Potamogeton Trichoides has the last word on £6.5m Mepal crematorium
- 8 Village’s community Co-op will open next month after New Year delays
- 9 Gin could be just the tonic needed for dilapidated farm buildings
- 10 Artist impressions of how Mepal will be transformed into a £6.5m crematorium