Can you help solve photo riddle?
- Credit: Archant
Ely resident Bill Lennie came upon this old photograph when searching through his attic and would like the help of Ely Standard readers to put some names to faces.
The picture was taken by the River Great Ouse, in Ely, in September 1908 and shows members of the Cooper’s Arms Fishing Club proudly displaying their nets and tackle.
Mr Lennie’s grandfather, Jim Fyson, is pictured seated in the middle row with a pipe in his mouth.
The Cooper’s Arms pub was based in Waterside and Mr Lennie’s grandfather lived close by. Outside of fishing, he was a painter and decorator at the Maltings brewery.
Mr Lennie, 77, said: “I remember putting the photo up in the attic some time ago but I wanted to see if I might be able to track back and find out a bit more about it.”
You may also want to watch:
Can you shed any more light on the photo, or who might be pictured in it? Contact us on 01353 645693 or e-mail Daniel.firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 Littleport tops poll for the lowest turnout in council elections
- 2 Lib Dems score notable successes in East Cambridgeshire
- 3 Election shock: Tories lose overall control of Cambridgeshire County Council
- 4 Stagecoach suspends Milton park and ride
- 5 Everything you need to know about Mad Hatters eco festival
- 6 Second World War and SAS hero remembered with new street signs
- 7 Election 2021: Counting gets under way in East Cambridgeshire
- 8 30 East Cambs candidates compete for 8 Cambridgshire County council seats
- 9 Man, 27, punched schoolchildren and women in unprovoked attack
- 10 Death crash driver who fled is jailed