Can You Help Identify These Men?
POLICE have released CCTV images of two men they would like to talk to in connection with a spate of car thefts in Ely.A number of vehicles parked overnight in the city have been targeted in a series of incidents this week and police are hoping to talk t
POLICE have released CCTV images of two men they would like to talk to in connection with a spate of car thefts in Ely.
A number of vehicles parked overnight in the city have been targeted in a series of incidents this week and police are hoping to talk to the two men pictured here in relation to the thefts.
At around 9pm on Thursday (Jan 7) police were called to a report of smashing noises heard in the car park of Strikes Bowling in Angel Drove, Ely.
Thieves had broken into six vehicles parked outside the centre and witnesses reported seeing the offenders entering a neighbouring industrial estate
You may also want to watch:
A white Volvo containing two men was seen to leave the Strikes Bowling car park shortly after the incident and officers who attended the scene followed.
The driver refused to stop and the vehicle sped away from officers, who spotted items being discarded from the car as it travelled.
- 1 Holiday park 'honoured' to host Cambridge Boat Race teams
- 2 Cambridgeshire mourns death of HRH Prince Philip, The Duke of Edinburgh
- 3 Youngsters finally get their wish thanks to new goalposts
- 4 Museum shares historical photos of Ely Market and its royal visitors
- 5 'Lot wrong' but opponents admit concrete plant expansion defeat
- 6 Person hit by train between Cambridge and Ely
- 7 Rats spotted around overflowing bins in Ely
- 8 'Cash strapped' force picks up bill for 120 Boat Race police
- 9 Mum-of-two battling arthritis tackles year-long workout test
- 10 12 exciting new businesses to discover when lockdown restrictions ease
Officers in neighbouring counties also searched for the vehicle but no arrests were made.
Detective Inspector Andy Gipp said: "Officers today will be carrying out forensic examinations of the vehicles and all evidential leads will be followed.
"A white Volvo, which links each of these crimes, was later found burnt out in Mildenhall where another vehicle was stolen and found near to the A1 at Sandy in Bedfordshire, but all offenders escaped.
"The Volvo has been recovered back to Cambridgeshire for examinations today. I'd like to speak to anyone who thinks they know anything about this.
"These offenders appear to be targeting car parks late at night, or early in the morning.
"The best thing motorists can do is to not leave anything in their vehicles to avoid the temptation of thieves."
Anyone with information is asked to contact DI Gipp at Parkside Police Station on 0345 456 456 4 or Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555 111.