Campaigners g t Gvernment
CAMPAIGNERS fighting t stp the Mereham new twn have made a final bid t get their message acrss t the Gvernment. They have directed their pleas t Hazel Blears, Secretary f State fr Cmmunities and Lcal Gvernment. She has launched a public cnsu
CAMPAIGNERS fighting t stp the Mereham new twn have made a final bid t get their message acrss t the Gvernment.
They have directed their pleas t Hazel Blears, Secretary f State fr Cmmunities and Lcal Gvernment.
She has launched a public cnsultatin n the latest Lcal Gvernment Green Paper which will place a duty n cuncils t take ntice f petitins f 200 signatures r mre.
The Green Paper aims t give cmmunities mre pwer and cuncils will be legally required t respnd t any petitin gaining significant lcal supprt.
You may also want to watch:
Campaigners cllected almst 8,000 signatures against the Mereham new twn, planned between Wilburtn and Stretham.
In a letter t Ms Blears, cunty and district Cuncillr Bill Hunt, said: "I cmmend yur dcument and I applaud the expressed ideas. Prve t me please that this 18-page dcument has meaning, gravitas and yur cmmitment.
- 1 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 2 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 3 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 4 Police buy clothes for Iranian children rescued from lorry
- 5 Sparkling sake brewery launches in Ely
- 6 Have your say on plans to improve city rail station
- 7 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 8 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 9 Teen rape case prompts city market safety review
- 10 Child rapist from St Ives has been jailed after abuse
"Yu have n pssible chice but t reject the applicatin when it cmes befre yu.
"Any ther curse f actin wuld make yur dcument appear t every fair-minded persn as valueless ht air.
"Please underline the value f yur publicatin and yur belief in cnsultatin by cnsigning the Multiplex appeal t histry's rubbish bin."
A final decisin n the future f the new twn is expected in September.
* T have yur say n the Green Paper by March 20 g t www.cmmunities.gv.uk and fllw the links t publicatins and petitins.