Teenager found with more than 40 wraps of heroin and crack cocaine hidden in his bottom
- Credit: Archant
A teenage boy found with more than 40 wraps of heroin and crack cocaine hidden in his bottom has been sentenced.
The 17-year-old, who can’t be named for legal reasons, made off on foot when he spotted officers from the Southern Neighbourhood Support Team patrolling around Cherry Hinton Hall recreation ground on April 4.
Suspecting he was dealing drugs, officers caught up with the boy and found 27 wraps of crack cocaine and 15 wraps of heroin hidden in his bottom. He also had £50 in cash.
At Cambridge Crown Court yesterday (Monday August 17), the boy was sentenced to a 12 month detention and training order after previously pleading guilty to possession with intent to supply heroin and crack cocaine and possession of cannabis.
PC Nathan Stuart from the team said: “I hope this result will serve as a deterrent to other young people and the teenager will use this opportunity to turn his life around.”
You may also want to watch:
If you suspect drug dealing in your area, visit: https://bit.ly/345jqw8
- 1 Man dies after falling from bridge on A14 between Histon and Milton
- 2 Rogue trader tells victim: 'I'll knock your lights out'
- 3 Council leader under fire for 'culture of bullying' in wake of farmgate scandal
- 4 Hickford QUITS ahead of damning report
- 5 Delivery riders and drivers wanted as Deliveroo launches in Ely
- 6 Golf club urges locals and dog walkers to ‘respect our private land’
- 7 Letter: Four new members join 'splash pad headquarters'
- 8 Ziggy is missing from Ely - your help is needed
- 9 Councillor says MP Steve Barclay told Tories to return £10k lockdown grant
- 10 Career mentor's 100k charity run aims to raise £1,000