Dessert-lover travelled 150 miles north for ‘TikTok famous’ waffle
- Credit: TikTok/DollysDesserts
A dessert-lover with a sweet tooth travelled more than 150 miles up north from Cambridgeshire to indulge in a ‘TikTok famous’ waffle treat.
With more than half-a-million followers on the social media app TikTok, Dollys Desserts, located in Barnsley, Yorkshire, is clearly the place to be.
In a video with more than one million views, a Cambridgeshire resident is seen arriving at the shop to collect their Lotus bubble waffle topped with Kinder sauce.
“How far would you travel just to get a dessert,” asked the sweet treat shop owner on camera.
“If you don’t know where Cambridge is from Barnsley, it’s literally three-and-a-half hours away, like that is ridiculous... obviously I filmed it for a TikTok.”
You may also want to watch:
Dollys Desserts shows the process of creating the famous bubble waffle and covering it in sauce and toppings before placing a large scoop of ice cream inside.
“I’m glad she [the customer] came on the weekend so I could actually talk to her and chat about TikTok and stuff, but yeah I don’t know if I’d travel all that way.”
To follow Dollys Desserts, visit: www.tiktok.com/@dollysdesserts
- 1 Parish council protests after developers switch care home for homes
- 2 Van overturns after striking Ely’s infamous ‘most bashed bridge’
- 3 Parish council fails to win vote of confidence
- 4 Charity shop ‘urgently appealing’ for volunteers after reopening
- 5 Tea rooms may become a bedsit
- 6 'Harassment' forces village speedwatch team to close
- 7 OBE for former King's Ely principal
- 8 Ely’s most famous cat is back for more adventures
- 9 Woman claims police officer ‘forced himself’ upon her
- 10 'A crash waiting to happen' say police