Drink driver reported after village crash
- Credit: Policing East Cambs
A driver was reported for drink driving after a crash in Fordham on Saturday.
The incident was attended by special constables who were pulled in from another part of the district.
The driver was injured and therefore not arrested but taken to hospital. He was later reported to the court for the offences.
A police spokesman said the driver had also been reported for not wearing a seatbelt.
“It was attended by special constables who were out on an operation in the south of the county aimed at tackling road offences,” said the spokesman.
“As well as dealing with the two-car collision, they also reported a motorist at the traffic lights outside Ely Police Station for not wearing a seatbelt and another for speeding”
You may also want to watch:
The previous weekend Cambridgeshire Police had taken part in #SpecialsWeekend.
“Specials Weekend is a national event where volunteer officers are seen out and about to showcase the vital support they provide to regular officers,” said the spokesman.
- 1 Eight page enforcement notice wrapped round giant cuppa
- 2 Fire crews called to stables building blaze
- 3 7 of the most expensive houses on the market in Cambridgeshire right now
- 4 'Support this local attraction,’ MP urges on museum visit
- 5 Have a BREW-TIFUL day says the pub with a giant tea cup outside
- 6 Man with rare heart condition shares how free location app saved his life
- 7 Cant's Drove loses 'worst road in the Fens' title
- 8 Ely Museum team member retires after 16 years' service
- 9 9 hidden gems of East Anglia by rail from Cambridgeshire
- 10 Caught on camera: milk thieves strike in the city
Over the weekend that covered areas including Alconbury, Ely, and Buckden, and dealt with the following...
16 x Speeding offences
7 x Not wearing a seatbelt
2 x Failing to stop at a red light
1 x Using a mobile phone while driving
1 x Driving without due care and attention
1 x Driving without reasonable consideration to others
1 x Driving without a licence
1 x Driving without insurance
One of my team has seen you’ve covered the Fordham drink drive/RTC incident online, however the driver was not arrested.
Please could you amend this for us – he was injured therefore not arrested but taken to hospital, then later reported to the courts for the offences.