Drink driver reported after village crash
- Credit: Policing East Cambs
A driver was reported for drink driving after a crash in Fordham on Saturday.
The incident was attended by special constables who were pulled in from another part of the district.
The driver was injured and therefore not arrested but taken to hospital. He was later reported to the court for the offences.
A police spokesman said the driver had also been reported for not wearing a seatbelt.
“It was attended by special constables who were out on an operation in the south of the county aimed at tackling road offences,” said the spokesman.
“As well as dealing with the two-car collision, they also reported a motorist at the traffic lights outside Ely Police Station for not wearing a seatbelt and another for speeding”
You may also want to watch:
The previous weekend Cambridgeshire Police had taken part in #SpecialsWeekend.
“Specials Weekend is a national event where volunteer officers are seen out and about to showcase the vital support they provide to regular officers,” said the spokesman.
- 1 Alternative banking available as local branch closes
- 2 AN APOLOGY: The Gables in Chatteris
- 3 300 take part in autonomous shuttle passenger trial
- 4 A10 speed limit reduced at Waterbeach after death of baby Louis Thorold
- 5 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life
- 6 Historic hotel opens doors after lockdown transformation
- 7 9 never to be forgotten moments from Cambridgeshire politicians
- 8 Person dies after being struck by train in Cambridge
- 9 Not breaking news: Vicar has lucky escape, station closes and hotel sold
- 10 Open air theatre is back in Ely this weekend
Over the weekend that covered areas including Alconbury, Ely, and Buckden, and dealt with the following...
16 x Speeding offences
7 x Not wearing a seatbelt
2 x Failing to stop at a red light
1 x Using a mobile phone while driving
1 x Driving without due care and attention
1 x Driving without reasonable consideration to others
1 x Driving without a licence
1 x Driving without insurance
One of my team has seen you’ve covered the Fordham drink drive/RTC incident online, however the driver was not arrested.
Please could you amend this for us – he was injured therefore not arrested but taken to hospital, then later reported to the courts for the offences.