Electrician, postman and cabin crew member among 19 new Cambs police officers
- Credit: POLICE
A former electrician, postman and airline cabin crew member are among Cambridgeshire's 19 new police officers.
The men and women took part in their passing out on Wednesday, bringing the force's total number of new recruits this year to 72.
Seven will now be posted to Cambridge, seven to Peterborough, three to Fenland and two to Huntingdon.
The new recruits were presented to Chief Constable Nick Dean at a ceremony at force HQ.
Friends and family were unable to attend but were able to watch online.
You may also want to watch:
Addressing the recruits, Mr Dean said: “You are now beginning a unique career in policing.
"One which is exciting, varied, ever more complex and challenging but equally a career that presents itself with huge opportunities.
- 1 'My UK dream became a reality': World first sake brewery launches in Ely
- 2 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 3 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 4 Man to appear in court after smashing police car window with sledgehammer
- 5 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 6 Man in court over special constable assault and theft of alcohol
- 7 Transport company donates advertising to children’s brain tumour charity
- 8 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 9 Gym’s ‘money for miles’ Children in Need fundraiser
- 10 High-flying 'humble' gymnast, 9, top of the tree on county debut
"Opportunities to make a real difference to people’s lives.”
For more information on the new routes into policing visit New routes into policing (cambs.police.uk)