Electrician, postman and cabin crew member among 19 new Cambs police officers
- Credit: POLICE
A former electrician, postman and airline cabin crew member are among Cambridgeshire's 19 new police officers.
The men and women took part in their passing out on Wednesday, bringing the force's total number of new recruits this year to 72.
Seven will now be posted to Cambridge, seven to Peterborough, three to Fenland and two to Huntingdon.
The new recruits were presented to Chief Constable Nick Dean at a ceremony at force HQ.
Friends and family were unable to attend but were able to watch online.
Addressing the recruits, Mr Dean said: “You are now beginning a unique career in policing.
"One which is exciting, varied, ever more complex and challenging but equally a career that presents itself with huge opportunities.
- 1 Inside the £165,000 luxury river boat for sale in the Fens
- 2 See inside this £1.7m country house with its own lake near Ely
- 3 Weekend closure for A142 for bridge works between Ely and Chatteris
- 4 Coach shocked as girls football idea goes from strength to strength
- 5 Princess Anne unveils new 'national treasure' Jubilee table in Ely
- 6 Village toasts Queen's Platinum Jubilee with a memorable touch
- 7 See inside this Grade II listed former pub with self-contained annexe
- 8 Villagers can be proud says school head as Ofsted gives thumbs up
- 9 MBR Acres releases image of graffiti message
- 10 7 great places to get a bottomless brunch in Cambridgeshire
"Opportunities to make a real difference to people’s lives.”
For more information on the new routes into policing visit New routes into policing (cambs.police.uk)