Masons donation brings a ray of sunshine to special school
- Credit: Masons
Pupils at a Littleport school will have a new lunchtime area to enjoy and artwork to admire, thanks to a £600 donation.
Masons at Descensus Aquarum Lodge, based in Ely, handed over the money to Highfield Littleport Academy which caters for children with special educational needs.
Yvonne Skillern, the academy’s head, said: “When the masons approached us to see if they could assist us in any way in improving outcomes for pupils, it arrived at a most welcome time for the school.
“We now plan on creating a fenced seating area to give pupils a new option for where to sit with their friends at lunchtimes.
“We all know it has been difficult period during the pandemic so making sure we speak to each other and develop friendships is really important.”
You may also want to watch:
Graffiti artists are also being approached to liven up the school walls with more modern and vibrant artwork.
- 1 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 2 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 3 HGV driver courses set up to help meet critical shortages
- 4 G's to help save Christmas for poultry industry
- 5 New Ely cinema, royal visit, Welney gets a hall and Thomas a new car
- 6 Triple judo Olympic champion to give masterclass for Ely Dojo
- 7 High-flying 'humble' gymnast, 9, top of the tree on county debut
- 8 Yellow weather warning issued for Cambridgeshire
- 9 80 ‘pieces of graffiti’ removed by council in just six months
- 10 Lets get Cambridgeshire back on the buses says mayor