Cambridgeshire charity Steel Bones is looking for amputees to join fast growing fitness club
- Credit: Archant
Cambridgeshire based charity Steel Bones is appealing to all amputees across the East Anglia region to join their fast growing Fitness Club.
The fitness programme launched on September 27, takes place every Wednesday from 7-8pm at Inspire Fitness Gym, Mildenhall.
Every week the club addresses nutritional education, healthy lifestyle essentials plus a simple functional exercise programme appropriate for each participant.
Marc Pitman, a member of the Steel Bones Fitness Club, said: “As an amputee, I am interested in keeping healthy and fit.
“For years I have searched for a fitness club that could support my needs but I couldn’t find one that catered for people like me, with a disability.
“I then discovered the Steel Bones Fitness Club where other amputees are being coached by Steve Morley, an instructor with experience working specifically with special populations.”
The first session is free, and the following 5 sessions will be charged at £15.00 per person, covering all costs.
- 1 Two food businesses closed after cockroach infestations found
- 2 Teenage moped rider seriously injured in crash
- 3 Missing woman back home
- 4 Petition launched to save village pub
- 5 Pastor in freedom of speech and job fight over Pride tweet
- 6 Pub company comes out fighting to keep controversial cuppa sign
- 7 College pupils bring School of Rock to life on stage
- 8 Father accused of baby daughter's murder gave her squash, court told
- 9 Man suffers injuries after A142 morning crash
- 10 Roll up, roll up, for the Fenland Council mini ‘sale of the century’
To book a place at the Steel Bones Fitness Club, email email@example.com or call 07809 244895.