Cambridgeshire charity Steel Bones is looking for amputees to join fast growing fitness club
- Credit: Archant
Cambridgeshire based charity Steel Bones is appealing to all amputees across the East Anglia region to join their fast growing Fitness Club.
The fitness programme launched on September 27, takes place every Wednesday from 7-8pm at Inspire Fitness Gym, Mildenhall.
Every week the club addresses nutritional education, healthy lifestyle essentials plus a simple functional exercise programme appropriate for each participant.
Marc Pitman, a member of the Steel Bones Fitness Club, said: “As an amputee, I am interested in keeping healthy and fit.
“For years I have searched for a fitness club that could support my needs but I couldn’t find one that catered for people like me, with a disability.
You may also want to watch:
“I then discovered the Steel Bones Fitness Club where other amputees are being coached by Steve Morley, an instructor with experience working specifically with special populations.”
The first session is free, and the following 5 sessions will be charged at £15.00 per person, covering all costs.
- 1 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 2 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 3 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 4 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success
- 5 Police investigation after village pavilion covered in graffiti
- 6 Envar deny responsibility for county's fly invasion
- 7 Meet the star cast of Christmas pantomime Sleeping Beauty
- 8 Mosque trust named RIBA client of the year 2021
- 9 Prison escapees found with stolen £30,000 car thanks to quick-thinking neighbour
- 10 Council expects to spend £2.4m less on older people due to 'Covid loss'
To book a place at the Steel Bones Fitness Club, email email@example.com or call 07809 244895.