Cambridgeshire charity Steel Bones is looking for amputees to join fast growing fitness club
- Credit: Archant
Cambridgeshire based charity Steel Bones is appealing to all amputees across the East Anglia region to join their fast growing Fitness Club.
The fitness programme launched on September 27, takes place every Wednesday from 7-8pm at Inspire Fitness Gym, Mildenhall.
Every week the club addresses nutritional education, healthy lifestyle essentials plus a simple functional exercise programme appropriate for each participant.
Marc Pitman, a member of the Steel Bones Fitness Club, said: “As an amputee, I am interested in keeping healthy and fit.
“For years I have searched for a fitness club that could support my needs but I couldn’t find one that catered for people like me, with a disability.
“I then discovered the Steel Bones Fitness Club where other amputees are being coached by Steve Morley, an instructor with experience working specifically with special populations.”
The first session is free, and the following 5 sessions will be charged at £15.00 per person, covering all costs.
- 1 First visit not 'a flying success' but pub deserves second chance
- 2 Sanctuary Housing criticised over empty homes in Ely
- 3 Man facing eviction fears 'absolute disaster' despite council help
- 4 Fenland man repeatedly raped woman for 20 years
- 5 Woman who twice ignored 'no fly tipping' signs faces two fines
- 6 Meet the boat hire firm aiming to become perfect 'stress-free' tonic
- 7 Person hit by train between Manea and Peterborough
- 8 Army assault course brought back to former glory at Waterbeach Barracks
- 9 'Cuckooing' drug dealer caught with cocaine to the value of £3,670
- 10 Council has extra £18m in the kitty because of Covid
To book a place at the Steel Bones Fitness Club, email email@example.com or call 07809 244895.