Big Christmas lights switch-on arrives
- Credit: Terry Harris
A couple who have raised thousands of pounds for charity turned on their stunning 2021 display of Christmas lights.
Helen and John Attlesey, of Soham, decorated their home and garden again this year, having seen their charity collections doubled last year after exposure in the papers.
This week, they had a soft switch on so that they didn’t have hundreds of people turn up like previous years.
Lee Attlesey said: "Last year your donations raised an unbelievable £12,895.57 which is the largest amount donated in a year since John and Helen started their displays."
The money was divided as follows between three charities:
East Anglia's Children's Hospices (EACH) - £4,298.52
Dreamflight - £4,298.52
- 1 Councillor wants apology for Nadine Dorries 'misogynist' tweet
- 2 Best Indian in CAMBRIDGESHIRE even though award says best in NORFOLK
- 3 Prison for 'lavish lifestyle' drug dealer who hid £18k cash in sock drawer
- 4 New shop already 'exceeded expectations' after strong opening day
- 5 Driver escapes injury after car hits wall
- 6 Two year ban on begging for these six
- 7 Ely Rotary Club back with annual Christmas collection
- 8 GP practices mark ‘momentous milestone’ in Covid-19 vaccine programme
- 9 ‘Successful’ sixth form open evening as more courses launch
- 10 Ely gets £344,000 to upgrade CCTV and improve city centre
GOSH - £4,298.52
Money raised from donations this year will specifically go to East Anglia's Children's Hospices.
For those travelling to see the house display, the postcode is CB7 5EQ.
This year, Soham Town Rangers FC is allowing visitors to park in their car park to keep pedestrians safe and allow road traffic through.