Big Christmas lights switch-on arrives
- Credit: Terry Harris
A couple who have raised thousands of pounds for charity turned on their stunning 2021 display of Christmas lights.
Helen and John Attlesey, of Soham, decorated their home and garden again this year, having seen their charity collections doubled last year after exposure in the papers.
This week, they had a soft switch on so that they didn’t have hundreds of people turn up like previous years.
Lee Attlesey said: "Last year your donations raised an unbelievable £12,895.57 which is the largest amount donated in a year since John and Helen started their displays."
The money was divided as follows between three charities:
East Anglia's Children's Hospices (EACH) - £4,298.52
Dreamflight - £4,298.52
- 1 Latino 'feeling' comes together for South American venue on launch night
- 2 REVEALED: The 'gang of five' who want Dr Nik Johnson gone
- 3 Ely by-election after death of 'marvellous' parish councillor
- 4 Caught on camera the moment an otter came up for dinner
- 5 Combined Authority in freefall: how on earth did we get to this?
- 6 Eleanor becomes highest achieving contestant in mathematical olympiad
- 7 Model rail exhibition back after three years
- 8 20-year-old dies following motorbike crash in Longstanton
- 9 ‘It’s virtually impossible to register with an NHS dentist’ - people struggling to pay for dental care
- 10 Lane closed on A14 after ambulance and lorry crash
GOSH - £4,298.52
Money raised from donations this year will specifically go to East Anglia's Children's Hospices.
For those travelling to see the house display, the postcode is CB7 5EQ.
This year, Soham Town Rangers FC is allowing visitors to park in their car park to keep pedestrians safe and allow road traffic through.