Match ball from Cambridge United's victory against Newcastle to be raffled for charity
- Credit: THE MICK GEORGE GROUP
A Cambridgeshire company is to raffle off the now-iconic match ball from Cambridge United’s victory at Newcastle United for charity.
The Mick George Group, who sponsored the match ball at the game on January 8, is holding the raffle in support of the Cambridge United Community Trust.
In a lottery-style competition, Mick George is giving away four separate prizes which include:
Signed (both teams) match-ball in a Perspex presentation display
CUFC signed match-day programme
Exclusive commemorative FA Cup framed print
2 x CUFC Trust Gala tickets
“Whether you experienced the euphoric victory on the day or followed from afar the Mick George Group are now giving you the chance to own a piece of FA Cup and Cambridge United history,” said a company spokesman.
Tickets cost £2 per entry (or three for £5). Enter online via www.mickgeorge.co.uk/product/charity-match/cufc-trust-lottery-ticket.
All entries must be received before Friday January 28 ahead of a draw which will be completed and distributed online the following week.
- 1 Petition launched to save village pub
- 2 Two food businesses closed after cockroach infestations found
- 3 Pub company comes out fighting to keep controversial cuppa sign
- 4 Police ‘increasingly concerned’ for woman missing since Wednesday
- 5 Teenage moped rider seriously injured in crash
- 6 Murder trial jury told mother said she could not have children
- 7 College pupils bring School of Rock to life on stage
- 8 Man suffers injuries after A142 morning crash
- 9 Father accused of baby daughter's murder gave her squash, court told
- 10 Disciplinary action against anti-Pride pastor ‘never, ever about his religion’
It will be drawn by Cambridge United Football Club manager Mark Bonner, goalkeeper Dimitar Mitov and striker Joe Ironside.