Witness appeal following Cambridge stabbing
- Credit: Archant
A man suffered stab injuries during an altercation in Cambridge this morning (1 February).
The incident happened at 3.10am on Station Road as the victim, a 21 year old, walked with four female friends.
An altercation happened between the victim and two men walking towards the group during which the victim suffered a number of injuries including three stab wounds.
The victim then made his way home before calling an ambulance. He was taken to hospital with serious, but not life threatening injuries and has since been discharged.
The first man is white and described as in his mid 20s, around 6’1”, skinny, with short dark brown hair and stubble on his face. He was wearing a black jacket and clack trousers.
You may also want to watch:
The second man is white and described as in his mid 20s, around 5’10”, skinny, with short brown hair, slim and with stubble on his face. He was wearing a black ‘Puffa’ style jacket and black trousers. He was carrying a can of beer at the time.
DC Terry Bandoo said: “We are keen to hear from anyone who was in the area at the time of this incident and witnessed the assault.
- 1 Our archives reveal the 'crackpot' idea to re-open disused rail lines
- 2 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 3 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 4 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 5 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 6 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 7 Drunk driver failed to spot police car parked next to her
- 8 Have your say on plans to improve city rail station
- 9 Police buy clothes for Iranian children rescued from lorry
- 10 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
“It is possible one of the men involved may have a graze to his head as a result of the altercation.
“Any information, no matter how small, could prove vital in tracing those responsible.”
Anyone with information regarding this incident should call police on 101 quoting CF0060900218 or visit www.cambs.police.uk/report. Alternatively, contact Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555111 or via www.crimestoppers-uk.org.