Man in his 20s stabbed in ‘vicious attack’ in Cambridgeshire
- Credit: Archant
A man in his 20s was stabbed in what police are calling a ‘vicious attack’ in Cambridge in the early hours of yesterday.
Detectives investigating the incident are appealing for witnesses of the attack in Regent Street at around 1.20am on Thursday, August 9.
The man was taken to hospital with stab wounds and his condition is described as “stable”.
Detective Sergeant Ashley Ryan said: “This was a vicious attack that could have been even worse.
“We know there were other people in the area at the time. I’d urge anyone who witnessed this incident or has information about it to contact us as a matter of urgency.”
You may also want to watch:
Crime officers visited the location yesterday and an investigation is ongoing. No arrests have been made.
Anyone with information regarding this incident should call police on 101 quoting 35/21129/18 or visit: www.cambs.police.uk/report
Alternatively, contact Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555111 or via: www.crimestoppers-uk.org
- 1 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 2 Our archives reveal the 'crackpot' idea to re-open disused rail lines
- 3 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 4 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 5 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 6 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 7 Drunk driver failed to spot police car parked next to her
- 8 Have your say on plans to improve city rail station
- 9 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 10 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'