Woman dies in collision with moped in Cambridge that was being pursued by police: two arrested
- Credit: Archant
A woman was killed in Cambridge this afternoon after being involved in a collision with a moped being pursued by police.
The collision between the moped and the female pedestrian happened at about 2.15pm in Arbury Road.
The woman was treated by paramedics but was declared dead at the scene.
A police spokesman said they had “attempted to stop the moped shortly before the collision, therefore the Independent Office for Police Conduct has been informed”.
The road has been closed while investigations take place and motorists are advised to avoid the area.
You may also want to watch:
Two people, a man and a woman, have been arrested on suspicion of causing death by dangerous driving, aggravated vehicle taking and possession with intent to supply drugs.
Anyone who saw the collision should call police on 101 quoting incident 232 of today or visit www.cambs.police.uk/report
- 1 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 2 'My UK dream became a reality': World first sake brewery launches in Ely
- 3 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 4 Man to appear in court after smashing police car window with sledgehammer
- 5 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 6 Man in court over special constable assault and theft of alcohol
- 7 Transport company donates advertising to children’s brain tumour charity
- 8 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 9 Gym’s ‘money for miles’ Children in Need fundraiser
- 10 High-flying 'humble' gymnast, 9, top of the tree on county debut