Almost 12 years jail for drug dealers
- Credit: Archant
Three men have been jailed for dealing class A drugs in Cambridge.
Two dealers from London were sentenced to a total of almost nine years while in a separate case a Cambridge man was jailed for three years.
The latter, Aminur Hussain, 32, of St Christopher’s Avenue, Cambridge, was arrested Hussain in August after the vehicle he was traveling in failed to stop for officers.
He was found with one rock of crack cocaine, £330 cash, several mobile phones and a small bag of herbal cannabis.
He had also swallowed what turned out to be 16 wraps of class A drugs.
You may also want to watch:
Hussain pleaded guilty to two counts of possession with intent to supply class A drugs at a previous hearing and was sentenced to three years imprisonment for each count to run concurrently at Cambridge Crown Court on Friday (1 December).
In the other case, Koagan Koyi, 21, and Brian Ojewale, 19, were arrested following a police investigation that began in July.
- 1 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 2 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 3 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 4 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success
- 5 Police investigation after village pavilion covered in graffiti
- 6 Envar deny responsibility for county's fly invasion
- 7 Meet the star cast of Christmas pantomime Sleeping Beauty
- 8 Mosque trust named RIBA client of the year 2021
- 9 Prison escapees found with stolen £30,000 car thanks to quick-thinking neighbour
- 10 Council expects to spend £2.4m less on older people due to 'Covid loss'
Peterborough Crown Court heard officers attended a property in Grasmere Gardens after hearing the resident had been kicked out by drug dealers.
When officers arrived Koyi was fleeing the property and were found to have a mobile phone and £335 cash on him.
He was arrested and taken to Parkside Police Station where a strip search found 1.8 grams of cannabis and 61 rocks of crack cocaine.
Ojewale was found outside the property. When he saw the police officers he ran to a taxi, pulled a mobile phone apart and swallowed the sim card. The officers stopped the taxi and Ojewale was arrested.
Forensic officers were able to link the drugs to Koyi, of Birkenhead Street, Camden and Ojewale, of Shooters Hill, Plumstead, Greenwich, through mobile phone messages.
Ojewale and Koyi pleaded guilty to supplying class A drugs and last Wednesday (29 November) at Peterborough Crown Court Koyi was sentenced to three years and 10 months and Ojewale was sentenced to four years and 11 months.
A third man, Mafwa, 20, of Broadwater Road, London Borough of Haringey, admitted possessing criminal property in connection with the case and was sentenced to 13 months in a young offender institution.
Sergeant Paul Street said: “We have a zero tolerance policy when it comes to drugs and our priority is to remove dealers like these from the streets of Cambridge.”