Drug dealer had three mobile phones, 28 wraps of heroin and 44 wraps of crack cocaine with street value of £1,440
- Credit: Archant
A drug dealer who attempted to evade police on his bicycle with three mobile phones, 28 wraps of heroin and 44 wraps of crack cocaine with a street value of £1,440 has been jailed.
Aaron Dorsett, 23, of no fixed address, was jailed for two years at Peterborough Crown Court on Friday (September 11) after pleading guilty to possession with intent to supply crack cocaine and heroin.
Officers from the Cambridge city north neighbourhood team spotted Dorsett standing with another man on Gilbert Way in March this year.
When he noticed the police car, he cycled off but was stopped by officers who found three mobile phones, 28 wraps of heroin and 44 wraps of crack cocaine with a street value of around £1,440.
Detective Constable Katie Housham: “The value of drugs seized from Dorsett was significantly more than what you would find from someone just using drugs, he was clearly dealing in the city.
You may also want to watch:
“We’re committed to finding and putting people like Dorsett before the courts to they can be sentenced for the crimes they have committed.”
If you suspect drug dealing in your area, visit https://bit.ly/32tsCcw
- 1 'My UK dream became a reality': World first sake brewery launches in Ely
- 2 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 3 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 4 Man to appear in court after smashing police car window with sledgehammer
- 5 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 6 Man in court over special constable assault and theft of alcohol
- 7 High-flying 'humble' gymnast, 9, top of the tree on county debut
- 8 HGV driver courses set up to help meet critical shortages
- 9 80 ‘pieces of graffiti’ removed by council in just six months
- 10 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens